Retired NBA player Will Perdue, now a studio analyst for Comcast SportsNet Chicago and frequent commentator on ESPN680 radio in Louisville, Ky., is constantly on the road. When we caught up with him in Louisville, he shared the must-have apps he needs to keep up with the NBA and get to the next game:
- NBA Game Time does a really good job of following the basketball stories and statistics I need to know about.
- VZ Navigator gives advanced navigation instructions when I’m in unfamiliar places like Lawrence, Kan.; Waco, Texas; and Madison, Wis. When I leave the airport and have to drive through these cities, the app helps me find the nearest ATMs, restaurants, gas stations and more.
- The Weather Channel gives me a heads-up on the weather where I am traveling so I know what to pack.
- Uber is a car service; all I have to do is open it and it uses GPS to identify my location and show me the closest car. I hit “order” and a car is usually there in five or six minutes.
- Transit Tracks is the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) app. I ride the train a lot in Chicago from Midway Airport, and I also ride the bus system because CTA is the easiest way to get around the city. Transit Tracks does a good job of telling me the bus and train times and stops.
This is part of the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.