As the only person in the world to have won a CART series title, the Indianapolis 500 and the 24 Hours of Daytona, all on the first attempt, Juan Pablo Montoya has racing down to a science. In between races, the championship driver slowed down enough to tell us the five #musthaveapps he cannot live without.
1. WAZE: Millions of drivers from around the world come together to improve the daily commute for everyone. I love this app because when you travel on the road, it tells you how the traffic is, and gives you directions.
2. Race Monitor: With this app, racers and fans can view live timing from hundreds of races and tracks. Race Monitor lets me check in on my son Sebastian’s lap time when he is racing his go kart and I am not there.
3. INDYCAR 14: This one is keeps me up to date with the sport all day, every day.
4. 7 Minute Workout Challenge: With this app, I can get in a quick, but hard, workout. It is perfect for when I am traveling, which most of the time is during race season.
5. Contour Connect: This app turns your phone into your own personal command center when you are in the field. I can line up the shot, quickly adjust my camera and easily get the perfect picture. When I am recording a video, it also lets me preview what I am about to film.
This is part of the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.
Photo credit: Steve Swope