For the next four weeks, soccer fans in the U.S. and around the world will be glued to their television sets and smartphones to cheer for their favorite teams in the world’s most watched sporting event.
And, because fans can never be sure where they’ll be when a goal occurs, we caught up with Tom Marshall of ESPNFC.com, Karla Villegas Gama of BleacherReport.com, and Jason Marquitz of SoccerMexicana.com to share their must-have apps for keeping track of the action:
- TuneIn: The next four weeks will be 24 hours a day of nonstop soccer action, said Marshall. The TuneIn app streams radio stations from all over the world, in multiple languages, and is designed to keep fans up to date with everything that happens with their favorite teams.
- theScore: For the latest live scores, stats, news and videos, Marquitz recommends this soccer app. “There are plenty of score applications out there, but none with the functionality and ability to customize like theScore.” An added bonus – schedules can be adjusted based on the user’s time zone.
- Onefootball: Villegas Gama likes this soccer app for the extensive and accurate player profiles. It includes press conference video, match highlights and minute-by-minute commentary.
- Goal.com: Available in 17 different languages, this soccer app allows fans to personalize news with comprehensive and expert coverage. “You can swap editions easily, moving from the USA edition in English to the Spanish-language Mexican edition,” said Marshall.
- Team Stream: Fans can keep their teams’ news and scores in one place with alerts sent as soon as stories break. The notifications are straight to the point and very useful, said Villegas Gama.
This is part of the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.