NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Verizon Selects "NFL Super Bowl XLVIII" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the United States or District of Columbia, excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, 18 years of age or older as of the day on which they enter. Void outside the U.S. and where prohibited, or otherwise restricted by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws.
The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") on November 10, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM EDT on December 4, 2013 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
1. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. or D.C. residents 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Erwin Penland LLC, Cellco Partnership dba Verizon Wireless ("Verizon Wireless"), each of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion & Internet agencies, agents, retailers, any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and the NFL Entities, as defined below, (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities") and the immediate families (parent, siblings, children and spouse) and persons residing in the same household (whether related or not) of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. "NFL Entities" shall be defined as The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Properties LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, anywhere outside of the U.S., and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes entrants must do one of the following:
A. VIA My Verizon: If you are a Verizon Wireless subscriber, during the Sweepstakes Period, go to www.verizonwireless.com/sb48 landing page for an opportunity to join Verizon Selects. If Verizon determines that you are eligible to participate in Verizon Selects, you will be presented with an opportunity to enter the Sweepstakes by completing an online form including your name, email address, phone number and a certification that you are 18 years old or older. You will then be presented with the terms and conditions of Verizon Selects. In order to complete the Sweepstakes entry and accept the Verizon Selects terms and conditions, click the "Yes, I Want to Participate" button. My Verizon online Sweepstakes entry requires eligible customers to participate in Verizon Selects. If Verizon determines that you are not eligible to participate in Verizon Selects, you may enter the Sweepstakes without participating in Verizon Selects via the Mail-In entry method described in Section 2.C. below. All entrants must have a My Verizon account to enter the Sweepstakes using the My Verizon online entry method. If you do not have a My Verizon account, you may register and establish a My Verizon account for free. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any My Verizon entry at any time that, in Sponsor's opinion, does not comply with these Official Rules.
B. VIA Daily Scoop Mobile Application: If you are a user of the Daily Scoop Feature Phone Mobile App, you may receive an invitation via an in-app message or banner ad to enter the Sweepstakes by joining Verizon Selects. If you wish to enter, click on the message or banner. Data rates may apply for download and use. If Verizon determines that you are eligible to participate in Verizon Selects, you will be presented with an opportunity to enter the Sweepstakes by completing an online form including your name, email address, phone number and a certification that you are 18 years old or older. You will then be presented with the terms and conditions of Verizon Selects. In order to complete the Sweepstakes entry and accept the Verizon Selects terms and conditions, click the "Yes, I Want to Participate" button. Daily Scoop entry into the Sweepstakes requires eligible customers to participate in Verizon Selects. If Verizon determines that you are not eligible to participate in Verizon Selects, you may enter the Sweepstakes without participating in Verizon Selects via the Mail-In entry method described in Section 2.C. below. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any My Verizon entry at any time that, in Sponsor's opinion, does not comply with these Official Rules.
C. VIA Mail-In: If you are not a Verizon Wireless customer, wish to enter for free, wish to enter the Sweepstakes without participating in Verizon Selects, or wish to enter without using My Verizon or the Daily Scoop Mobile Application entry methods, you may send an approximately 3"X5" postcard to: Erwin Penland LLC, 125 E. Broad St., Greenville, SC 29601. Include on your postcard "Verizon Super Bowl Sweepstakes", your First Name, Last Name, valid email address, mailing address and mobile phone number or home phone number.
Multiple Sweepstakes participants are not permitted to share the same email address or mobile phone number to enter the Sweepstakes.
All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 PM (EDT) on December 4, 2013. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person regardless of method of entry. All entries become the sole property of Cellco Partnership dba Verizon Wireless and Erwin Penland LLC (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"), and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete, indecipherable or inaccurate entries are void. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, by cellular phone, or uses any device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sweepstakes Entities, will be disqualified. Lost, late, illegible, or incomplete entries will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. If you enter by My Verizon or Daily Scoop Mobile Application you must have a valid Verizon Wireless Account in good standing. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Mobile Telephone Number (MTN). "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned a MTN by a Wireless Carrier or as shown on the Wireless Carrier's records.
In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same online entry account, you will be required to provide the name of the authorized subscriber of the online entry account at the time of entry and that person will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. In such case, online entry information will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the telephone number/email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a telephone number/email address by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses, telephone numbers or wireless phone numbers for the telephone exchange associated with the submitted telephone number/email address or the domain associated with the submitted telephone, as applicable. Sweepstakes Entities and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or damaged entries or for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate or access any online service or Web site, or by any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes.
If for any reason, (including infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, lost/delayed data transmission, interruption, deletion, defect or any other cause beyond reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes), and the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, Sweepstakes Entities shall have the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes, and select the prize winners from entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to prosecute any fraudulent entries to the fullest extent of the law. At the Sweepstakes Entities' sole discretion, Sweepstakes winners and guests may be disqualified at any time.
CAUTION: ATTEMPTING TO DEFRAUD OR IN ANY WAY TAMPER WITH OR DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES BY ANY PERSON(S) IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON(S), AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR'S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT OR ANY OTHER PROVISION.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: The Grand Prize Winner (the "Winner") will be selected in a random drawing on or about December 6, 2013 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawing will be conducted by Erwin Penland, LLC, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received by the close of the Sweepstakes Period. The Winners will be notified by email, telephone or text message depending on the method of entry. Each Winner must respond to such notification within five (5) days after the notification is sent or an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries. If you entered via My Verizon or Daily Scoop Mobile Application the prize will be awarded to the name provided on the online form except that if a dispute arises the Authorized Account Holder will be awarded the prize.
4. PRIZES: Grand Prize: Prize package includes: (i) a trip for two (2) to East Rutherford, NJ to see Super Bowl XLVIII*; (ii) two (2) Super Bowl XLVIII tickets to the game to be played on February 2, 2014 in East Rutherford, NJ; (iii) three (3) night's hotel accommodations; and (iv) $1,000 spending cash. Total Approximate Retail Value All Prizes ("ARV"): $7,500.
All federal, state, and local taxes and fees, including income tax, sales tax and license fees, and any other expenses arising out of the receipt and use of the prizes, are solely the responsibility of the Winner. Any difference between the stated estimated value of a prize and its actual value will not be awarded. Winner agrees to accept prize "as is." All NFL and Super Bowl terms and conditions of using the Super Bowl XLVIII tickets will apply. The Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their Prize package, as noted above, after it has been delivered.
*Trip includes roundtrip coach air transportation for two (2) persons from a major airport near Winner’s primary residence, three (3) nights standard hotel accommodations (two rooms, double occupancy). Winner and guests must travel on dates specified by Sponsor; alternative travel dates are not available. No travel extensions permitted. Winner and guests must travel on same itinerary. Winner and guest must possess all necessary documentation required for air travel (e.g., valid photo identification and, if applicable, U.S. passport). Meals, gratuities, transportation to and from Winner’s home and airport, transportation between the airport and hotel, upgrades, fuel, rental car, incidentals, optional entertainment, departure taxes, customs/agriculture fees, and other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the Winner’s responsibility. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events or flights, and no refund or compensation will be made in such instance. Travel and accommodations and tickets to the event are subject to availability. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor reserves the right to select airport, airline, hotel, and event seating in its sole discretion. Airline tickets are nonrefundable and nontransferable and are not valid for upgrades or frequent flyer mileage accrual. If Grand Prize Winner resides in New Jersey or New York, air transportation and corresponding airfare will be substituted with car service. Winner and guest will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability prior to departure, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize.
Should the event portion of the Prize be canceled, postponed or in any way abbreviated, the Sweepstakes Entities shall have no liability or further obligation to the Winner. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by the Sweepstakes Entities. Seat locations will be determined by the Sweepstakes Entities. The Sweepstakes Entities, and/or any other relevant party, reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any Winner and/or guest who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the NFL XLVIII Super Bowl Game. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as prizes will govern in the event a legal game, as defined by the NFL Entities, is not played due to weather, an act of God, threat or act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Sponsor makes no representations of any kind concerning the appearance, safety, or performance of any part of the Prize. Prize will be accepted "as is" and cash cannot be substituted for any ticket prize unless otherwise agreed by the Sweepstakes Entities. Unused tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged or applied towards tickets for any subsequent years. No responsibility is assumed by Sweepstakes Entities for any cancelled rescheduled, delayed or postponed game in whole or in part. If unused, game tickets cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged for cash value or substitute tickets. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
All taxes and any other expenses related to accepting and/or using prize not listed in these rules are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Prize is non-transferable, non-assignable, and not redeemable for cash. Sweepstakes Entities, in their discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal or greater approximate retail value and comparable use for any reason.
5. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Travel Release and Publicity Release: Winner must complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability, and where lawful, a Publicity Release along with an IRS Form W9 (collectively, the "Release Forms") within five (5) days of notification of winning the Prize. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Winner is required to furnish their social security number that will be used only for the purpose of reporting the Winner’s prize earnings to the Internal Revenue Service, as required by law.
By accepting the Prize, the Winner grants to Sweepstakes Entities the right to use Winner's name, likeness, image, voice, hometown, and biographical information in advertising, trade and promotion, including on the Internet or via wireless application protocol, without further notice, compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
6. GENERAL: By entering, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final and binding in regards to all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited.
7. INDEMNIFICATION: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities and the NFL Entities and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, directors, officers, governors, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes; or (ii) the receipt, use or misuse of the prize awarded in the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any claims for loss, damage to property, personal injury, and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, or travel related to, the Sweepstakes, or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or prize delivery. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for printing, human or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules, promotion materials or otherwise in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities and the NFL Entities make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind, and disclaim any implied warranty, concerning any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this sweepstakes in any way.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release the Sweepstakes Entities and the NFL Entities from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs. By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of New Jersey without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in the State of New Jersey.
9. WINNER'S LIST: You may request the name of the Winner and a copy of these official rules by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 2/15/14 to: VZW NFL Super Bowl XLVIII Winners c/o Bill Day, Erwin Penland LLC, 125 E. Broad St., Greenville, SC 29601.
10. SPONSOR: Verizon Wireless, One Verizon Way, Basking Ridge, New Jersey 07920.
© 2013 NFL Properties LLC. The Super Bowl and all other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League.