Here are some things you can do to prepare for your Certified Like-New Replacement device before you return your defective one:
- Check for damage on your device. If the device you return is found to have been misused, has liquid damage, hardware or software alterations or unreasonable wear and tear, you'll receive a damaged device fee. Learn how to check for damage to avoid a fee.
- Back up your contacts from your current device. Learn how to back up your contacts.
- Check your email. You'll receive order and shipment confirmation emails containing tracking and support information.
- Back up your media (e.g., pictures, videos and, music) from your current device using one of the following options:
- Verizon Cloud: Visit the Verizon Cloud website to check your device's compatibility, and for information and support.
- Backup AssistantSM Plus (formerly V CAST Media Manager): Refer to the Backup Assistant Plus website for more information and support.
- SD (memory) card:
- USB cable: Copy files to your computer by connecting your device to your computer with a USB cable. Refer to your device's User Guide for help with this.
A type of removable flash memory card that can be used to store various types of files, such as photos, videos, music and software.
If your current device uses an SD card, you can copy files from your previous device to your computer by inserting your device's SD card into the SD slot of your computer. Refer to your device's User Guide for help with this.
- Register for My Verizon if you haven't already.
Note: You don't need to re-register for My Verizon when you get a new device.
- Turn off iMessage®. If you're switching from an Apple® device to a non-Apple device (e.g., Android™ or Windows Phone, etc.), you need to turn off iMessage before activating your new phone or you may not receive text messages from individuals who use Apple devices.
- New Android™ users - Create a Gmail™ account. If you don't have a Gmail account, you'll need to create one for your new Android device. Create a free Gmail account.
- New Apple users - Create an Apple account. If you don't have an Apple account, you'll need to create one for your new Apple device. Create a free Apple account through the iTunes website.
- New Windows® users - Create a Microsoft® account. If you don't have a Microsoft account, you'll need to create one for your new Windows device. Create a free Microsoft account.