No insurance? Can't upgrade? We have you covered.
We offer Certified Pre-Owned replacement devices as a replacement option to existing customers if you experience one of the following:
- Your device is lost, stolen or damaged and you're not enrolled in an equipment protection program that covers it.
- Your device experiences a defect after the manufacturer's warranty has expired and you're not enrolled in an equipment protection program that includes Extended Warranty.
- You're not eligible for an upgrade and are dissatisfied with your current device. Visit our Device Payment FAQs to learn how to get a new device with no down payment required.
Refer to our Equipment Protection FAQs to learn more about our device insurance programs.
We have high standards for our devices.
Each Certified Pre-Owned replacement device has been thoroughly inspected and reconditioned to like-new condition if necessary. Reconditioned refers to devices that have been thoroughly inspected and reconditioned to manufacturer performance levels, although minor cosmetic blemishes may be present. The devices go through a complete 100-point checklist to ensure they measure up to our standards of excellence, including:
- A visual cosmetic inspection
- An advanced functional, manual and electronic inspection
- The latest software and hardware updates
Certified Pre-Owned replacement devices come with:
- A battery, wall charger and other standard accessories that come with a new device
- A 90-day warranty from the date of purchase
If your Certified Pre-Owned replacement device experiences a manufacturer's defect* within 90 days from the date of purchase, we'll replace it with a like or comparable device.
*A manufacturer's defect is a problem that is not caused by something that happened to the device. See our Equipment Protection FAQs for more details.
It's easy to order one.
Order online through My Verizon. Certified Pre-Owned replacement devices will be presented as an option in the list of available smartphones, tablets, etc. when you select to:
Note: You must be an Account Owner or Account Manager to upgrade or purchase a device. Learn more about account access roles.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I replace my lost, accidentally damaged or stolen wireless device if I have equipment protection?
Who do I contact if my device malfunctions while under warranty?