- Go to the Change Mobile Number page in My Verizon.
Note: If you have a prepaid account, go to the Prepaid Change Mobile Number page and skip to step d.
- If you have multiple lines on your account, select the mobile number you want to change and click Next.
- Select Get a new number.
- Enter the ZIP code for the area you live in or select a city and state for your new number from the dropdown menus.
Note: You may also have the option of porting in (i.e., transferring) an existing number from another service provider. For more information on porting, visit our Port Your Number to Verizon FAQs. This option isn't available for prepaid accounts.
- Click Next.
- If prompted, select an area code and exchange number from the dropdown, and click Next.
Note: You will automatically be assigned the last 4 digits for your new number based on what's available.
- If prompted, select a date for the changes to take effect and click Next.
Note: If you select to have the change effective today or pick a specific day before the first day of your next bill cycle, your bill will be prorated. If you don't select the change to take effect today, it will take place at midnight ET of the selected day. This step isn't applicable for prepaid accounts.
- Review your changes and click Submit.
Note: A confirmation page will display with further information and next steps.
You've successfully changed your mobile number online.
You can also watch our How to Change Your Phone Number video for instructions.