On 7/8/2016, the $2.99 Visual Voice Mail service will be discontinued. Some older smartphones and basic phones that support it won't be able to use the service. Click here to see if your device is affected.
What to Do
On 7/8/2016, those devices that now use $2.99 Visual Voice Mail will be automatically switched to our free Basic Voice Mail service. Basic Voice Mail gives you the ability to receive and check voice messages by calling *86 from your phone.
- You won’t lose any existing voice messages when switching from $2.99 Visual Voice Mail to Basic Voice Mail.
- Your existing voice messages will be saved, but you’ll need room for new messages. Before the switch to Basic Voice Mail on 7/8, make sure you have less than 20 messages in your mailbox. For more information on saving or archiving your messages, refer to our Basic Visual Voice Mail FAQs.
- You may have to set up your voice mailbox after switching from $2.99 Visual Voice Mail to Basic Voice Mail. To set up your Basic Voice Mail, see the instructions below.
Set Up Voice Mail
This provides instructions on how to set up Basic Voice Mail and your greeting. For additional info, check out the Voice Mail FAQs page. If you're having other issues with your phone or device, visit our Troubleshooting Assistant. These options provide step-by-step solutions for many device issues.
To access Basic Voice Mail without entering a PIN, learn how to add a pause to your speed dial settings.
- Call *86 (*VM) from your phone.
If you hear a system greeting, press the Pound key (#) immediately to interrupt it.
- Follow the instructions to choose your language options and press the # key to confirm your choice.
Press 1 for English, then press the # key to confirm.
- When prompted, enter the 4-7 digit password then press the # key.
- When prompted, say your name then press the # key.
- To confirm the entry, press the # key.
- When prompted, say the greeting then press the # key.
- To confirm the greeting, press the # key.
- To set up additional features, refer to Voice Mail Options.
You can also continue to use our free Basic Visual Voice Mail service by upgrading your device to a smartphone or compatible phone. Please refer to our Basic Visual Voice Mail FAQs for more information.