Traveling or working from home? We'll show you how to use your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 edge to connect to your company's virtual private network (VPN) so you can work outside the office.
Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge Network Settings
Contact the VPN administrator from your organization to help with finding server info and credentials.
- From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > More (Wireless and networks section).
- Tap VPN.
- Tap Basic VPN.
- Tap Add VPN (located in the upper-right).
- If presented with a secure screen lock notification, tap OK.
Refer to Set Up Screen Lock (Pattern, PIN, or Password only) for assistance.
- From the Name field, enter the appropriate name.
- From the Type field, tap the Dropdown menu icon then select the appropriate VPN type:
Below is a list of security protocols that you can use on VPN to protect and encrypt your data. Check with your system administrator to determine the preferred setting.
- L2TP/IPSec PSK
- L2TP/IPSec RSA
- IPSec Hybrid RSA
- IPSec Xauth PSK
- IPSec Xauth RSA
- IPSec IKEv2 PSK
- IPSec IKEv2 RSA
- Enter the appropriate info into the applicable fields then tap SAVE (located in the lower-right).
If applicable, tap Show advanced options to configure the following:
The available options below determine how the VPN handles domain name and forwarding services and may vary depending upon the selected VPN type:
- DNS search domains
- DNS servers
- Forwarding routes
KB ID 150390
© 2016 Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC. Samsung, Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.