If you are unable to successfully activate Wi-Fi Calling or update your E911 address, it is likely because you are not receiving adequate Cellular signal on your iPhone. Even when Cellular is turned on, the device may sometimes lose signal. The Wi-Fi Calling feature can only be activated on a Cellular network:
What can I do?
Check your iPhone’s service icon to confirm there is at least one bar of service.
- If you're not receiving Cellular service at the moment, check to make sure that Cellular Data is turned on and that Airplane Mode is off.
- If your signal is weak, move to a spot where it's stronger.
Wi-Fi Calling Support
- Turn on cellular data on for iPhone®
- Activate Wi-Fi Calling for iPhone
- Turn Wi-Fi Calling on and off for iPhone
- Wi-Fi Calling FAQs
- HD Voice for iOS FAQs
HD Voice is available at no additional cost. HD Voice calls are billed as standard voice calls. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Apple and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the US and other countries and is used under license.