Follow these instructions to activate your new or Certified Pre-Owned 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot.
Step 1: Activate your 4G LTE SIM card.
- If you are using your existing Verizon Wireless 4G LTE SIM card, skip to step 2.
- If you are a business customer and this is your first 4G LTE device, your 4G LTE SIM card is preinstalled on your new Smartphone, skip to step 3.
Step 2: Insert your SIM card and battery into your 4G LTE device.
- If you received a 4G LTE SIM card in your shipment, snap the SIM card out of its holder without touching the gold electrical contacts.
If you are using your existing Verizon Wireless 4G LTE SIM card, remove the SIM card from your old device without touching the gold electrical contacts.
Note: The actual insertion process varies by device, so refer to your user guide for instructions on how to insert the SIM card. You can find your user guide by going to the Support page specific to your device and clicking on User Guide.
- Write down the password located on the back of your new device or under the battery cover.
- Insert the battery and battery cover into your device.
- Charge your new device.
Step 3: Connect to the Internet.
- Turn on the device's power.
- From a device enabled with Wi-Fi®, find the network name (SSID) of your 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot. For example, "Verizon SCH-LC11 XXXX Secure" (where the X’s are the four unique digits associated with your 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot).
- Connect to your 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot using the password written down in step 2b above. You have successfully activated your 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot.