This guide contains general instructions on activating a replacement 4G LTE Router and shipping your defective one back to us.
Note: Once you return your router, it cannot be sent back to you.
Step 1: Remove the 4G LTE SIM card from defective router.
- Locate the SIM card slot on the back of the router.
- Remove the SIM card from the router without touching the gold electrical contacts, and place it on a clean surface.
Step 2: Insert the 4G LTE SIM card into your replacement router.
Insert the SIM card you removed from your defective router into the labeled SIM card slot on your replacement router, with its gold contacts facing toward the back and its cut-off corner facing inward.
Note: If you ever need to remove your SIM card from your router, gently press the SIM card inward to release it, and remove from the slot.
Step 3: Install antennas.
Note: The Verizon 4G LTE Router comes with two attachable antennas.
- Align the antennas with the antenna posts on the router.
- Mount the antennas on the threaded antenna posts, ensuring that the connection is secure.
You can swivel the antennas in any direction to better fit the space where your router will be placed.
Step 4: Set up your router.
- For optimal network performance, place the Verizon 4G LTE Router in a central location relative to where you want coverage in your home.
Note: Avoid placing the router near physical obstructions, metal, reflective surfaces, electrical equipment or appliances.
- Plug the power adapter cord into the Power Adapter Input on the rear of the router and insert the other end into an electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button to turn the router on.
Step 5: Connect your devices.
- From the device you want to connect with (Smartphone, tablet, laptop computer, gaming device), go to your device setting or software that manages your wireless connections and scan for your router.
- The device scans for all wireless networks in your area. Look for your Wi-Fi network. (The SSID and passphrase are preconfigured and are printed on the bottom of your router.)
- Select the name of your Wi-Fi network and connect.
Note: You may want to password-protect your connection. Change the administrative password by opening your web browser and going to routerlogin.com. Enter the default User Name (admin) and Password (password), and then change your password.
Step 6: Return your defective device.
Note: You must return your defective 4G LTE Verizon Jetpack within five days. If you do not return your defective device, or if you return one that has been subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage or unreasonable wear and tear, you will be charged up to the retail price of your replacement 4G LTE Verizon Jetpack, which may exceed $500.
Follow the instructions below to ship your device.
- Remove all accessories from your defective device, including battery (if removable), SD card, SIM card, USB cables, etc.
- Insert your defective device under the film of the cardboard insert found in the shipping box to ensure safe return.
- Place the insert, with the defective device under film, back inside the shipping box.
- Seal the shipping box and attach the return label.
- Drop off the box at the nearest location of the carrier identified on the return shipping label.
LTE is a trademark of ETSI.