- Insert the end of a small paper clip or SIM eject tool into the hole on the SIM card tray.
- Insert the SIM card from your original iPad and replace the tray.
This guide contains general instructions on activating a Certified Like-New Replacement iPad with Retina Display and shipping your defective device back to us.
Note: Once you return your device, it cannot be sent back to you.
- Turn on your replacement iPad and follow the onscreen Setup Assistant.
- When you reach the Wi-Fi Networks screen, select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to and enter the network password, if necessary. Your device is activated when the Set Up iPad screen appears.
- Tap Use Cellular Connection to activate.
- Your device is activated when the Set Up iPad screen appears.
- Tap Connect to iTunes.
- Connect your new iPad to a computer using the USB cable that came with your original iPad.
- Follow instructions on the computer screen.
- A message indicating activation is complete will display on iTunes.
If you are unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network, use one of the options below to activate your new iPad.
Activate using "cellular connection":
You may use this option if Use Cellular Connection appears.
Activate using iTunes®:
The latest version of iTunes is available at the iTunes page on the Apple site.
Complete the on screen Setup Assistant to set up your replacement iPad, restore your data from iCloud® or iTunes and set up your Apple ID, if applicable.
Note: If you receive a "No SIM Card Installed" message, tap OK and wait for Verizon LTE or Verizon 3G to appear in the top-left corner. When Verizon LTE or Verizon 3G appears in the top-left corner, you're ready to use the Verizon Wireless network.
- Remove all accessories from your defective phone, including battery (if removable), SD card, SIM card, USB cables, etc.
- Insert your defective phone under the film of the cardboard insert found in the shipping box to ensure safe return.
- Place the insert, with the defective phone under film, back inside the shipping box.
- Seal the shipping box and attach the return label.
- Drop off the box at the nearest location of the carrier identified on the return shipping label.
You must return your original iPad within five days. If you do not return your original iPad or if you return one that has been subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage or unreasonable wear and tear, you will be charged up to the retail price of your replacement iPad, which may exceed $500.