Please follow the steps below for activating iPhone 4.
- Backup your contacts.
- Turn off your phone.
- Install iTunes® and set up an account.
- Activate your iPhone 4 using iTunes.
- Set up your voice mailbox.
- Transfer contacts.
Backup your contacts.Existing Verizon Wireless Customers
Contact backup must be performed prior to activation of iPhone 4 or contacts may be lost. Refer to the Verizon Cloud website for step-by-step instructions on how to install the Verizon Cloud app and back up contacts on your existing Verizon Wireless device.
Existing iPhone Users
You can sync and transfer contacts and other content from your current iPhone to your new iPhone 4 with iTunes. For more information about syncing and transferring contacts with iTunes, refer to the "Syncing with iTunes" page.
All Other Customers
Check with your existing wireless provider for contact back up options on your current device.
If you already keep your contacts on your Mac® or PC, you can use iTunes to sync them to your new iPhone 4. iTunes syncs contacts with applications such as Mac OS® X Address Book, Yahoo!® Address Book, and Google Contacts on a Mac, or with Yahoo! Address Book, Google Contacts, Windows® Address Book (Outlook® Express), Windows Contacts (Vista® and Windows 7), or Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, or 2010 on a PC.
iPhone 4 can also sync your contacts over the air using MobileMe or Microsoft Exchange. If your current device cannot sync contacts with any of these options, you may need to re-enter your contacts on your new iPhone 4 manually.
Turn off your phone.
Install iTunes and set up an account.If you have the latest version of iTunes, launch it and log in to your Apple® account.
Otherwise, download iTunes from the "Download iTunes Now" page.
After downloading, ensure you have an Apple account. If you do not have one, follow the on-screen instructions to create one.
Activate your iPhone 4 using iTunes.
- Turn on your new iPhone 4.
- Connect iPhone 4 to your computer using the included USB cable.
- Review the Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement and click "I Accept" to continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate iPhone 4.
Note: Please be patient during the activation process; do not cancel out of any of the steps. You can confirm activation is still in progress if your iPhone 4 is displaying the following message:
Set up your voice mailbox.
- Tap the Phone icon on your iPhone 4.
- Tap the Voicemail icon and click "Set Up Now."
- Follow prompts to set up your voice mailbox password and greeting.
Transfer Contacts.I backed up my contacts using Verizon Cloud
- Tap the App Store app on iPhone.
- Enter Verizon Cloud in the Search field.
- Tap the Verizon Cloud app and tap Free to download to iPhone.
- Once downloaded, tap the Verizon Cloud app on the Home screen.
- Refer to the Verizon Cloud website for step-by-step instructions on how to restore contacts and other content.