Note: You need to obtain a SIM card to activate your Google Nexus 7. You can obtain a SIM card by:
- Visiting a Verizon Wireless store
- Calling (800) 256-4646
If you purchased your device directly through a Verizon Wireless Store or Verizonwireless.com, your SIM card is already included and you may skip Step 1.
Step 1: Insert the SIM Card
- Turn your tablet off and place it on a flat surface with the screen facing up, the camera located at the top and the power button on the right.
- Tilt the right side of the tablet slightly, locate the SIM card tray near the bottom and look for the small hole in the tray door. Insert the SIM card tray ejection tool that came with your tablet into the hole on the tray door, and push firmly but gently until the tray pops out.
- Remove the tray and place the SIM card inside it with the angle corner fitting snugly into the angled corner of the tray.
- Reposition the tray in the slot and push it gently back into the tablet.
For step-by-step visual instructions of this action, refer to our Google Nexus 7: Inserting the Micro SIM Card simulation.
Step 2: Turn On Your Google Nexus 7
Press down the Power button on the top-right side of your tablet and hold for a few seconds to turn the tablet on.
Step 3: Complete the Setup Screens
- The first time you turn on your tablet, you'll see a Welcome screen. Tap the Play icon and follow the prompts.
Please make sure to connect your tablet to the Internet via Wi-Fi to ensure you have properly configured your Google account.
You may be asked to download and update your system software at this time. Please follow the instructions to ensure that your Nexus 7 is running the latest software from Google that supports Verizon Wireless service.
Step 4: Sign Up for Data Services
- From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Under Wireless & Networks, tap More.
- Tap Mobile Plan.
- After tapping Mobile Plan, you’ll be redirected to the Verizon Wireless Mobile Broadband Portal. Follow the steps listed there to add your Google Nexus 7 to an existing Verizon Wireless account or create a new account.
For help using your new tablet to complete many basic actions, refer to our Google Nexus 7 Simulator for step-by-step visual instructions.