This guide is for current Verizon Wireless customers who purchased the HTC One (M8). If you're a new Verizon Wireless customer, refer to the Activating and Setting Up Your HTC One (M8) for New Customers.
- If you're upgrading from iPhone®, you should turn off iMessage® before activating your new phone.
- Removing the SIM card from your new phone could delay the activation and setup.
Step 1: Save Contacts and Content from Your Old Phone
If you've already backed up your contacts and content, go to Step 2.
Use one of the following options to back up your contacts and content:
- On your original phone, download Verizon Cloud from the Google Play™ Store app to back up your phone's content. For more information, visit verizonwireless.com/cloud.
- If your original phone isn't compatible with Verizon Cloud, use Backup Assistant℠ Plus.
- If your original phone isn't compatible with the above options, visit our Contact Transfer Wizard and follow the instructions to save your contacts from your old phone.
Step 2: Turn Off Your Old Phone
Step 3: Activate Your 4G LTE SIM Card
If you're using the 4G LTE SIM card from your old device, you don't need to call the automated system to activate it and can skip to Step 4. Refer to our HTC One (M8) Inserting a Micro SIM Card interactive simulation for step-by-step visual instructions on how to insert your SIM card.
To activate your 4G LTE SIM card, call (877) 807-4646 from any phone other than your new or old phone, and follow the prompts.
Note: Have your Customer Receipt available because you'll be asked to confirm information from it.
Step 4: Activate Phone
- Turn on your new phone by pressing the Power button on the top-right of the phone. Refer to our HTC One (M8) - Turning the Phone on and Off interactive simulation for step-by-step visual instructions on how to do this.
- Follow the onscreen steps to complete activation and set up of your phone.
If you need additional help using your device, refer to our HTC One (M8) interactive simulator.
Download Verizon Cloud from the Google Play Store to restore or back up your contacts, pictures, videos, text messages and more.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. HTC and HTC One are trademarks of HTC Corporation. Apple, iPhone and iMessage are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.