This guide is for current Verizon Wireless customers who purchased an HTC One max. If you're a new Verizon Wireless customer, refer to the Activating and Setting Up Your HTC One max Guide for New Customers.
- If you're upgrading from iPhone®, you should turn off iMessage® before activating your new phone.
- Removing the SIM card from your new phone could delay activation and setup.
Step 1. Save Contacts and Content from Your Original Phone.
Note: If you've already backed up your contacts and content, go to Step 2.
Use one of the following options to back up your contacts and content:
- On your original phone, download Verizon Cloud from the Play Store app to back up your phone's content. For assistance, visit verizonwireless.com/cloud.
- If your original phone isn't compatible with Verizon Cloud, use Backup Assistant℠ Plus.
- If your original phone isn't compatible with the above options, visit our Contact Transfer Wizard and follow the instructions to save your contacts from your old phone.
Step 2. Turn Off Your Original Phone.
Step 3. Call Our Automated System.
Call (877) 807-4646 from any phone other than your new phone and follow the prompts to turn on your 4G LTE service. Have your Customer Receipt for your new phone available because you'll be asked to confirm information from it.
Step 4. Activate and Set Up Your New Phone.
- Turn on the device by pressing down the Power button on the side of the phone. Refer to the HTC One max Turning the Phone On and Off simulation for step-by-step visual instructions on how to do this.
- Follow the onscreen steps to complete activation and set up of your phone.
- Download Verizon Cloud from the Play Store app to restore or save your contacts, pictures, videos, text messages and more.
For help using your new phone, refer to our HTC One max simulator.
HTC and HTC One max are trademarks of HTC Corporation. Apple, iPhone and iMessage are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.