This guide is for current Verizon Wireless customers who purchased an LG G Vista. If you're a new Verizon Wireless customer, refer to the Activating Your LG G Vista - New Customers guide.
- If you're upgrading from iPhone®, you should turn off iMessage® before activating your new phone.
- Removing the SIM card from your new phone could delay the activation and setup.
Step 1: Save Contacts and Content from Your Original Phone
Note: If you've already backed up your contacts and content, go to Step 2.
Use one of the following options to back up your contacts and content:
- See if your original phone is compatible with Verizon Cloud. If it is, refer to our Content Transfer page to learn how to transfer your contacts and content from your original phone after activating your new phone. For more information, visit VerizonWireless.com/cloud.
- If your original phone isn't compatible with Verizon Cloud, use Backup Assistant℠ Plus.
- If your original phone isn't compatible with the above options, visit our Contact Transfer Wizard and follow the instructions to save your contacts from your original phone.
Step 2: Turn Off Your Original Phone
Step 3: Activate the 4G LTE SIM Card
If you're using the 4G LTE SIM card from your original phone, skip to Step 4. For help installing your SIM card, see our LG G Vista interactive simulator.
Call (877) 807-4646 from any phone other than your new phone and follow the prompts to turn on your 4G LTE service. Have your Customer Receipt available because you'll be asked to confirm purchase information.
Step 4: Activate and Set Up Your New Phone
- Insert the battery, and attach the battery cover. If you're not sure how to do this, refer to your phone's User Guide.
- Turn on the phone by pressing the Power button on the back of the phone. Refer to our LG G Vista - Turning the Phone On and Off simulation for step-by-step visual instructions on how to do this.
- Follow the onscreen steps to complete activation and set up of your phone.
- If your original phone is compatible with Verizon Cloud, refer to our Transfer Content page to learn how to transfer your contacts and content from your original phone.
Visit our LG G Vista interactive simulator for more step-by-step visual instructions to learn how to use features on your new phone.
Apple, iPhone and iMessage are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.