This guide is for current Verizon Wireless customers who purchased DROID DNA by HTC. If you're a new Verizon Wireless customer, refer to the Activating and Setting Up DROID DNA by HTC Guide for New Customers.
- If you're upgrading from iPhone®, you should turn off iMessage® before activating your new phone.
- Removing the SIM card from your new phone could delay the activation and set up of it.
Step 1: Save Contacts and Content from Your Old Phone
Note: If you have already backed up your contacts and content, go to Step 2.
- Visit Verizon Wireless Contact Transfer Wizard and follow the instructions to save the contacts from your old phone.
- Download Verizon Cloud from the Google Play store to back up your phone's content. For assistance, visit the Verizon Cloud Support page.
Step 2: Turn Off Your Old Phone
Step 3: Call Automated System
- Dial (877) 807-4646 from any phone other than your new phone and follow the prompts to turn on your 4G LTE service. Have your Customer Receipt handy because you will be asked to confirm information from it.
Step 4: Activate Phone
- Turn on the device by pressing the power button on the top right of the device
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete activation and set up of your phone
Visit the Verizon Cloud Support page to see if your new phone is compatible with Verizon Cloud. If your phone is compatible, download Verizon Cloud from the Google Play store to restore or save your pictures, videos, text messages and more.
Apple, iPhone and iMessage are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.