This guide is for current Verizon Wireless customers who purchased a DROID RAZR HD 4G LTE by MOTOROLA. If you're a new Verizon Wireless customer, refer to the Activating and Setting Up DROID RAZR HD 4G LTE by MOTOROLA Guide for New Customers.
- Removing the SIM card from your new phone could delay activation and setup. If you need additional help, visit the DROID RAZR HD by Motorola Device Simulator.
- if you're upgrading from iPhone®, you should turn off iMessage® before activating your new phone.
Step 1: Save Contacts and Content from Your Old Phone
Note: If you have already backed up your contacts and content, go to Step 2.
- Visit the Verizon Wireless Contact Transfer Wizard and follow the instructions to save the contacts from your old phone.
- Download Verizon Cloud from the Google Play store to back up your phone's content. For assistance, visit the Verizon Cloud Support Page.
Step 2: Turn Off Your Old Phone
Step 3: Call Automated System
- Call (877) 807-4646 from any phone other than your new phone and follow the prompts to turn on your 4G LTE service. Have your Customer Receipt handy because you'll be asked to confirm information from it.
Step 4: Activate Phone
- Turn on the phone by pressing the power button on the top right
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete activation and set up of your phone
Visit the Verizon Cloud Support Page to see if your new phone is compatible with Verizon Cloud. If your phone is compatible, download Verizon Cloud from the Google Play store to restore or save your pictures, videos, text messages and more.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. Apple, iPhone and iMessage are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm, Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.