This guide is for current Verizon Wireless customers who purchased a DROID RAZR M 4G LTE by MOTOROLA. If you're a new Verizon Wireless customer, refer to the Activating and Setting Up DROID RAZR M 4G LTE by MOTOROLA Guide for New Customers.
Note: If you're upgrading from iPhone®, you should turn off iMessage® before activating your new phone.
Step 1: Save Contacts and Content from Your Old Phone
Note: If you have already backed up your contacts and content, go to Step 2.
- Visit the Verizon Wireless Contact Transfer Wizard and follow the instructions to save the contacts from your old phone.
- Download Verizon Cloud from the Google Play store to back up your phone's content. For assistance, visit the Verizon Cloud Support page.
Step 2: Turn Off Your Old Phone
Step 3: Call Automated System
Note: If you are using your existing 4G LTE SIM card, skip to Step 4.
Call (877) 807-4646 from any phone other than your new phone and follow the prompts to turn on your 4G LTE service. Have your Customer Receipt handy because you will be asked to confirm information from it.
Step 4: Locate and Insert SIM Card
- If you received a Verizon Wireless 4G LTE SIM card in the red "Getting Started" folder included with your shipment, snap the SIM card out of its holder without touching the gold electrical contacts.
- If you did not receive a Verizon Wireless 4G LTE SIM card, remove the SIM card from your previous device without touching the gold electrical contacts.
- Locate the SIM card slot near the top of the battery well on the back of the phone. Gently slide the SIM card into the slot with the gold connectors facing down.
- For help installing your SIM card, see our DROID RAZR M 4G LTE by MOTOROLA Device Simulator.
Step 5: Activate Phone
- Insert the phone's battery, and attach the battery cover.
- Connect the charging cord and charge the battery.
- When the battery is charged, turn the phone on by pressing the power button on the top right.
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete activation and set up of your phone.
Visit the Verizon Cloud Support page to see if your new phone is compatible with Verizon Cloud. If your phone is compatible, download Verizon Cloud from the Google Play store to restore or save your pictures, videos, text messages and more.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm, Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license. Apple, iPhone and iMessage are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.