This guide is for current Verizon Wireless customers who purchased Nokia Lumia 822. If you're a new Verizon Wireless customer, refer to the Activating and Setting Up Nokia Lumia 822 Guide for New Customers.
Note: If you're upgrading from iPhone®, you should turn off iMessage® before activating your new phone.
Step 1: Save Contacts and Content from Your Old Device
Note: If you have already backed up your contacts and content, go to Step 2.
- Visit Verizon Wireless Contact Transfer Wizard and follow the instructions to save your contacts from your old phone.
Step 2: Turn Off Your Old Phone
Step 3: Call Automated System
Note: If you are using your existing 4G LTE SIM card, skip to Step 4.
- Dial (877) 807-4646 from any phone other than your new phone and follow the prompts to turn on your 4G LTE service. Have your Customer Receipt handy because you will be asked to confirm information from it.
Step 4: Locate and Insert SIM Card
- If you received a Verizon Wireless 4G LTE SIM card in the red "Getting Started" folder included with your shipment, snap the SIM card out of its holder without touching the gold electrical contacts.
- If you did not receive a Verizon Wireless 4G LTE SIM card, remove the SIM card from your previous device without touching the gold electrical contacts.
- Locate the SIM card tray near the top of the battery well on the back of the phone. Gently slide the tray and place the SIM card into the tray with the gold connectors facing down. Place the SIM tray back into the phone.
- For help installing your SIM card, see our Nokia Lumia 822 simulator.
Step 5: Activate Phone
- Insert the phone's battery, and attach the battery cover.
- Turn on the device by pressing the power button on the top right of the device
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete activation and set up of your phone
Apple, iPhone and iMessage are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.