This guide is for current Verizon Wireless customers who purchased a Samsung Galaxy S 5. If you're a new Verizon Wireless customer, refer to the Activating Your Samsung Galaxy S 5 4G LTE - New Customers guide.
- If you're upgrading from iPhone®, you'll need to turn off iMessage® before activating your new phone.
- Removing the SIM card from your new phone could delay the activation and setup.
Step 1: Save Contacts and Content from Your Original Phone
Note: If you've already backed up your contacts and content, go to Step 2.
Use one of the following options to back up your contacts and content:
- On your original phone, download Verizon Cloud from the Google Play™ Store app to back up your phone's contacts and content. For more information, visit VerizonWireless.com/cloud.
- If your original phone isn't compatible with Verizon Cloud, use Backup Assistant Plus℠.
- If your original phone isn't compatible with the above options, visit our Contact Transfer Wizard and follow the instructions to save your contacts from your old phone.
Step 2: Turn Off Your Old Phone
Step 3: Call the Automated System
Call (877) 807-4646 from any phone other than your new phone and follow the prompts to turn on your 4G LTE service. Have your Customer Receipt handy because you'll be asked to confirm purchase information.
Step 4: Activate and Set Up Your New Phone
- Insert the battery, and attach the battery cover. If you're not sure how to do this, refer to your phone's User Guide.
- Turn on the phone by pressing the Power button on the right side of the phone.
- Follow the onscreen steps to complete activation and set up of your phone.
- Download Verizon Cloud from the Google Play Store app on your new phone to restore or save your contacts, pictures, videos, text messages and more.
For help using your new phone, visit our Samsung Galaxy S 5 simulator.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. Apple, iPhone and iMessage are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.