Verizon Messages (Message+) comes already installed on many Verizon Android smartphones. If it's not on your phone follow the steps below. For tablet setup, refer to the steps on setting up Verizon Messages (Message+) on a tablet.
- Open the Play Store app on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Enter "Verizon Messages" in the Search field.
- Tap the Search key.
- Select Verizon Messages from the search results.
- Tap INSTALL and follow the prompts.
Note: You may see ENABLE instead of INSTALL. This means the app is on your device but has been disabled. Tap ENABLE to start using Verizon Messages.
- Once the app is installed, open it.
- If promoted, read and accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Tap Start Messaging.
- If desired, edit the nickname for the device.
- Enter your mobile phone number.
- Tap Send Code.
- You'll receive a free text on your phone with a security code. Enter the code in the app on the device to set it up on your Verizon Messages (Message+) account.
You've successfully downloaded Verizon Messages and added your Android device to your account.