Yes, we recommend that you follow these guidelines when using a mobile device if you have an implantable medical device:
- Always keep the phone or mobile device more than 6 inches from your implantable medical device when the mobile device is turned on.
- Don't carry your mobile device in a breast pocket.
- When using your mobile phone, use the ear that's opposite of the implantable medical device to minimize the potential for interference.
- Turn the mobile device off immediately if you have any reason to suspect that interference is taking place.
- Read and follow the directions from the manufacturer of your implantable medical device and talk to your health care provider if you have additional questions.