Learn how to use Guided Access, a feature that lets users limit physical buttons and specific areas of the screen on their iPhone. Also, we'll show you how to turn on TTY, which lets deaf and hard of hearing customers use the telephone by utilizing a visual, instead of auditory, mode of communication.
iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Accessibility
- limits device to a single app.
- allows users to disable areas of the screen which aren't relevant to the task.
- allows users to disable the hardware buttons (Home, Volume, Power).
- Ensure Guided Access is turned on.
- Launch an app then quickly triple press the Home button (located at the bottom).
- Using your finger, circle areas of the screen to disable.
- Tap Options (located in the lower-left).
- Tap the switch(es) to turn the following on or off then tap Done:
The options presented may vary.
- Sleep/Wake Button
- Volume Buttons
- Time Limit
- Tap Start (located in the upper-right).
If prompted, to "Set Passcode":
- Enter a passcode.
- Re-enter passcode.
- To end a session, quickly triple press the Home button, enter passcode then tap End (located in the upper-left).
- To remove previously set restrictions from an active session:
- Quickly triple press the Home button.
- Enter 4-digit passcode.
- Tap the X symbol next to any areas of the screen that have been disabled.
- Tap Options.
- Ensure the desired option switches are turned on then tap Done.
- Tap End (located in the upper-left).
KB ID 114863
- From the Home screen, navigate: Settings > General > Accessibility.
- Tap Guided Access.
- Tap the Guided Access switch to turn on (in the green position) or off .
To set or change a passcode when the switch is on:
- If available, tap Passcode Settings.
- Tap Set Guided Access Passcode or Set Passcode.
- Enter a 4-digit passcode.
- Re-enter the 4-digit passcode.
When on, Guided Access can be set up, started or ended.
KB ID 114911
- From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > Display & Brightness.
- From the Display Zoom section, tap View.
- Choose the desired Display setting then tap Set.
- Standard (shows more content)
- Zoom (shows larger controls)
- Tap the appropriate Display Zoom confirmation.
The device resets after confirming.
- Use Zoomed
- Use Standard
KB ID 125570
TTY Settings allow Text Telephone devices (TTYs) to be turned on so that deaf and hard of hearing customers can use the telephone by utilizing a visual, instead of auditory, mode of communication.
- From the Home screen, navigate: Settings > General > TTY.
- Tap the following switches to turn on or off :
- Software TTY
Allows you to make and receive TTY phone calls using iPhone software without the need for additional hardware
- Hardware TTY
Allows you to connect to an external TTY device for TTY calls
- Software TTY
KB ID 115559
iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.