Your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus is equipped with GPS, which is more than just giving directions. We'll show you how to turn your location on and off to be used by your apps to give you information tailored to where you are.
iPhone 6 and 6 Plus GPS
Satellite or Standalone GPS Services require more power and have a greater effect on battery life.
- From the Home screen, navigate: Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Tap the Location Services switch to turn on or off .
- Tap Share My Location.
- Tap the Share My Location switch to turn on or off.
- Tap the Back icon (located in the upper-left).
- Tap System Services.
- Tap the desired system service switches (e.g., Call Network Search, etc.) to turn on or off.
- Tap Frequent Locations.
- Tap the Frequent Locations switch to turn on or off.
If the switch is turned on, tap the Improve Maps switch to turn on or off.
- Tap the Status Bar Icon switch to turn on or off.
KB ID 119371
iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.