Learn how to back-up and sync the content of your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus to your computer using iTunes and a Wi-Fi connection. No wires needed to back up your pictures, contacts, videos and apps.
iPhone 6 and 6 Plus iTunes®
Wi-Fi sync allows wireless syncing between an iPhone and the computer to back up and sync to iTunes.
- Verify the following:
- After following the steps below, the device syncs automatically with your computer when your iPhone is plugged in to power and connected to Wi-Fi
- Ensure the iPhone is powered on.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
When tethered, iTunes opens automatically on the computer.
- In iTunes, select the iPhone under Devices in the left column.
For iTunes version 11 or higher, click the iPad/iPhone button along the top.
If prompted, update to the latest version of iTunes.
- From (Summary) > Options, ensure Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi is checked.
- Click Done then click Apply.
- Click Sync (located in the lower-right
- From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > General > iTunes Wi-Fi Sync.
- Tap Sync Now.
A Syncing Media status bar appears on-screen and once complete, the time of the last sync displays.
KB ID 114775
iPhone and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.