Everything you do on your iPhone 6s or 6s Plus comes down to battery life. We'll tell you what you need to know about your battery, what's using it the most, how long you can expect it to last and what to do if yours isn't working.
iPhone 6s and 6s Plus Battery
Battery Specifications iPhone 6s Plus
- Up to 24 hours Talk Time
- Up to 384 hours Stand by Time
- Up to 12 hours of Internet use on 3G
- Up to 12 hours of Internet use on 4G
- Up to 12 hours of Internet use on Wi-Fi
- Up to 14 hours of Video playback
- Up to 80 hours of Audio playback
Battery Specifications iPhone 6s
- Up to 14 hours Talk Time
- Up to 250 hours Stand by Time
- Up to 10 hours of Internet use on 3G
- Up to 10 hours of Internet use on 4G
- Up to 11 hours of Internet use on Wi-Fi
- Up to 11 hours of Video playback
- Up to 50 hours of Audio playback
- Both the iPhone 6S Plus and the iPhone 6S have non-removable batteries.
- Battery life depends on the network, signal strength, temperature, features and accessories used.
- It's common for batteries to be warm from use or charging.
Tips for Extending Battery Life
- Avoid exposing iPhone to extreme heat and cold.
- For the first 3 charge cycles, fully charge the battery overnight and allow it to fully discharge before recharging (battery conditioning).
- Charge and re-condition a battery after an extended idle period.
- A lithium-ion battery may be damaged by extensive overcharging (continuously on a charger for more than 24 hours).
- Use the battery. If possible, avoid letting your battery sit idle for long periods of time.
- Use only the phone options and accessories that are really needed.
KB ID 177479
- From the Home screen, navigate: Settings > Battery.
- Tap the Battery Percentage switch to turn on (in the green position) or off .
- From the Usage and Standby fields, verify the time since last full charge.
If not available, tap Battery Usage.
- Tap the Left arrow icon < (located in the upper-left) as necessary to return to the Settings screen.
- From the Settings screen, tap Cellular.
- From the Current Period and Lifetime fields, verify the call time.
- From the Current Period and Current Roaming Period fields, verify the cellular data usage.
To reset the usage statistics, tap Reset Statistics (located at the bottom; requires scrolling).
KB ID 177487
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Battery.
- Tap the Battery Percentage switch to turn on or off .
KB ID 177484
iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.