Your iPhone 6s and 6s Plus has many apps you use every day, powered by data from the Verizon Wireless network. Learn how to manage your data and optimize its usage. Turn data on and off when you need it, even by individual app.
iPhone 6s and 6s Plus Data Usage
To turn the mobile data for your iPhone on or off, follow these steps.
- From the Home screen, navigate: Settings > Cellular.
- Tap the Cellular Data switch to turn on or off .
Cellular data can be enabled/disabled by the specific service (App Store, Mail, Music, etc.). Scroll down to the "Use Cellular Data For" section to turn these services on (in the green position) or off.
For assistance turning data on or off for individual apps, refer to Manage Data Usage.
KB ID 182865
To view data usage and turn data on or off for individual apps, view this info.
Data usage info provided by the device may differ from actual usage. For data usage info provided by Verizon Wireless, dial #DATA (#3282) from the device or refer to the My Verizon website.
For more info on data usage and alerts, check out these Data Usage FAQs.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Cellular.
- View the overall cellular data usage.
- Current Period
- Current Period Roaming
- View the individual apps cellular data usage.
The app cellular data usage is displayed beneath the name of the app (e.g. App Store 32.7 MB).
- To turn cellular data usage for an individual app on or off , tap the switch to the right of the app name.
Exchange ActiveSync accounts are handled separately from other Mail and Calendar accounts. Exchange ActiveSync accounts continue to use cellular data even if cellular data usage for Mail and Calendar are disabled.
- To view the data used by system services, tap System Services.
- The data usage is displayed to the right of the system service (e.g. Mapping Services 2.0 MB).
- Tap Cellular (located in the upper-left).
- To reset the usage statistics, tap Reset Statistics.
- Tap Reset Statistics.
Check out these interactive demos for more info:
KB ID 178239
iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.