Back up and sync photos, contacts, videos and apps from your iPhone 6s or 6s Plus to your computer using iTunes and a Wi-Fi connection. We'll show you how.
iPhone 6s and 6s Plus iTunes®
Wi-Fi sync allows wireless syncing between an iPhone and the computer to back up and sync to iTunes.
- Verify the following:
- After following the steps below, the device syncs automatically with your computer when your iPhone is plugged in to power and connected to Wi-Fi
- Ensure the iPhone is powered on.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
When tethered, iTunes opens automatically on the computer.
- In iTunes, select the iPhone under Devices in the left column.
For iTunes version 11 or higher, click the iPad/iPhone button along the top.
If prompted, update to the latest version of iTunes.
- From (Summary) > Options, ensure Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi is checked.
- Click Done then click Apply.
- Click Sync (located in the lower-right
- From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > General > iTunes Wi-Fi Sync.
- Tap Sync Now.
A Syncing Media status bar appears on-screen and once complete, the time of the last sync displays.
KB ID 179045
iPhone and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.