LG Lancet™ Software Update
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to help optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon Wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
System Update Instructions
There are 2 convenient ways to download the software update. Here are a few facts to keep in mind:
- It can take you up to 30 minutes to download the software, depending on network conditions, and up to 60 additional minutes to install the update. This means a total process time of up to 90 minutes. Keep in mind that during the installation you can't make or receive calls, including emergency calls.
- The Windows Phone 8.1 software update is delivered over-the-air via Wi-Fi only. The software is delivered in 2 separate downloads and takes up to 90 minutes to install. As the update is installing, customers will see a black screen with 2 white, moving gears. When complete, you'll see an "Update is done!" message and can go about using your phones, with all your settings, data, apps, and so on just like they were before. Please make sure customers complete each of the separate downloads. If you continually select the "postpone" option, the software will not update to Windows Phone 8.1.
OVER THE AIR (OTA) SOFTWARE
There are 2 types of OTA software updates:
- OTA user initiated - Follow these instructions if you would like to manually search for an upgrade on your device.
- OTA server initiated - Follow these instructions if you receive a notice on your device indicating there’s a software update available.
OTA USER INITIATED
This process allows a user to navigate through the device options to seek updates. From the Home screen, tap Settings > phone update > check for updates > download.
- When the download is complete, you'll see a screen that says the software update is ready to be installed. Tap install and the device will restart.
- A screen shows the installation progress. Once the install is complete tap done.
OTA SERVER INITIATED
- Once a new software version is available for your device, it will begin downloading in the background. When the download is complete, you’ll see a screen that says the software update is ready to be installed. Tap install and the device will restart.
- You’ll see a screen that says the installation was completed. Tap done.
To check your software version, From the Home screen, tap Settings > about.
You'll get an error screen if the system update fails to install. Remove and re-insert the battery and power your device back on. It'll restart with its original software and will prompt you once again to install the system update.
Next steps and additional links
Lancet is a trademark of LG Electronics, Inc. LG, LG Life's Good, and the LG logo are registered trademarks of LG Corp.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.