By using and/or subscribing to Verizon's My Numbers service ("Service"), you are entering into an agreement with Verizon Wireless ("Verizon") and your use of the Service is subject to these Terms and Conditions ("Terms"). By using the Service for any line under your wireless account, you accept these Terms for yourself and any user that you allow to use the Service under your account. When you signed up to be a customer of Verizon, you entered into our Customer Agreement. The Service is subject to all of the terms in that Customer Agreement, which you can view here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/legal/notices/customer-agreement/. If you do not agree with these Terms, you must stop using the Service. Verizon may modify or suspend the Service at any time and may make updates to these Terms without notice. By continuing to use the Service, you are agreeing to such revised Terms.
- Overview and Limitations. My Numbers is an app-based service (the "App") that when downloaded and enabled on an eligible mobile device allows you to make and receive calls, receive voicemails, and send and receive text messages using a virtual mobile phone number based on VoIP ("virtual number"), which is in addition to the primary mobile number on such mobile device. Calls, messages and voicemails are received on and sent from the virtual number(s). You may subscribe to a domestic virtual number from any of the 50 United States. You may subscribe to a maximum of four virtual numbers per Verizon account, but each virtual number can be used on up to five eligible devices, so long as the App is downloaded and enabled on each such eligible device. Use of the Service requires a data connection. Features and requirements vary by device. See My Numbers FAQs available at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/my-numbers-faqs/ for more information on compatible devices and features.
Verizon does not guarantee that the Service will work at all times in every situation. Service may be interrupted or suspended by Verizon. Network-based features, including but not limited to, Call Forwarding, No Answer Transfer, Call Filter, and RingBack Tones are not currently supported by the Service. Calls and messages to/from blocked contacts you may have set on your mobile device will not be blocked in the Service. For Verizon Smart Family users, any usage controls, data targets and time restrictions you may have placed on your Smart Family lines will not work on the Service. The Service will not support 411 dialing.
- Compatible Accounts. You must be subscribed to a Verizon postpay consumer wireless account to use the Service and will be required to enter your eligible Verizon Wireless mobile number ("host line") in order to subscribe to a virtual number.
- Fees and Charges. A monthly fee for use of the Service will be billed to your Verizon account on a monthly recurring basis until you cancel the Service. Unlimited incoming and outgoing texts and calls are included in the monthly recurring fee, except the Service does not support outgoing calls to destinations outside of the 50 United States. We will publish on our website and in the App the monthly recurring fee which is subject to change from time to time. The same rates and limitations apply when you access the App within or outside the U.S. The Service works using any data connection. Data charges will apply when downloading and using the App when connected to a cellular network and according to your device's data plan. Your subscription cycle for a virtual number is the monthly period beginning on the date you subscribe to the virtual number, which may be different from your host line bill cycle. For information about your subscription and when your subscription cycle begins and ends, please refer to the App under "Manage Subscriptions."
Eligibility requirements may apply. Please visit https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/carrier-billing-faqs/ to view carrier billing eligibility requirements prior to purchase.
- Cancellation. You may cancel a virtual number on your Service at any time before the end of the current subscription cycle by selecting the virtual number you want to cancel under "Manage Subscriptions". The cancellation will take effect on the next subscription cycle. You will be able to use the virtual number from the time you cancel until the end of the current subscription cycle, and will not receive a refund or credit for any remaining days in your current subscription cycle. Your calling, messaging and voicemail history and content will be permanently deleted from the App at the end of the subscription cycle. It is your responsibility to backup any important information from your App prior to such date.
- Host Line Transfers, De-Activation and Suspension. If you deactivate the host line or you transfer the host line to another carrier, all associated virtual numbers on such account will be canceled and deactivated immediately and you won't be entitled to any refund of any monthly charges for the remainder of the subscription cycle(s) for the virtual numbers.
- Portability. You may choose to take or "port" your virtual number to another carrier. Verizon will treat all porting requests from your new service provider as though you asked us to cancel your Service for that virtual number, even if you have not independently notified us of the porting request. We will terminate service only after we receive notification from our local exchange carrier that the porting is complete. You acknowledge that transfer times may take longer than usual due to the nature of the Service. After we terminate service, you won't be able to use our Service for that virtual number and you will remain responsible for all fees and charges through the end of that subscription cycle, just like any other cancellation. You won't be entitled to any refund of any monthly charges for the remainder of the monthly subscription for that virtual number. The Service does not support transferring in or porting in of any numbers into the Service.
- License and Restrictions on Use. Verizon grants to you and you accept a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use software made available for you to access the Service for your personal, non-commercial use on the devices on which the App is installed. You will not, and will not permit anyone else to, sell, resell, distribute, loan, lease, otherwise transfer, copy, delete, record, translate, publish, upload, transmit, export, create derivative works of, make any commercial use of, modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the software. You will not, and will not permit anyone else to, alter, disable, or circumvent any digital rights management security features embedded in the software. All rights not expressly granted to you herein are reserved. Verizon may revoke this license at any time without notice. Your use of the Service is also subject to any open source licenses that form part of the Service as set out in the Open Source Libraries file in the App.
- Branding. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, and any other features of Verizon's brand are the property of Verizon. Verizon does not grant any branding rights to you and you may not remove or alter any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property notices of the Service.
- No Improper or Illegal Use. You agree, represent and warrant that your use of the Service will be solely for your lawful and proper use and for no other purpose. Unlawful use of this Service may carry criminal and/or civil penalties. You will not use the Service to stalk, harass, harm or threaten any person or to engage in deceptive or fraudulent calling practices. You will also not use the Service for auto-dialing, telemarketing or call center activity. You will be solely responsible for any violations of applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Truth in Caller ID Act.
- Emergency 911. If you attempt to make a 911 call or send a 911 text (in areas where text to 911 is available) from the App, the App will close and the call will be placed over your carrier's cellular network using your mobile device telephone number. Calls to 911 are routed and answered according to guidelines set by local public safety officials in your area. If the 911 call center needs to contact you after a dropped call, it will call your mobile device telephone number. 911 calls should only be used for true emergencies. We provide enhanced location information to emergency call takers but cannot guarantee your precise location. Mobile phones are affected by the environment. Factors such as the weather, terrain and buildings may affect service and the ability to calculate the caller's location, particularly for 911 calls placed indoors. You should always tell the emergency call taker your location if possible.
- TTY and 711 Calls. Although your mobile device may support TTY calls, the Service cannot be used to make TTY calls. In the event of an emergency, persons with communications disabilities may reach 911 by: (1) using a TTY or captioned telephone service from a cellular or landline telephone; (2) sending a text message to 911 (in areas where text-to-911 is available); or (3) using IP-based relay services from a wireless or landline data connection. If you attempt to make a 711 call from the App, the App will close and the call will be placed over your carrier's cellular network using your mobile device telephone number.
- Termination. Verizon may terminate or discontinue the Service at any time without notice, including if you breach these Terms.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SERVICE AND ANY INCLUDED APPLICATION IS PROVIDED BY VERIZON OR ITS LICENSORS 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING FOR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU USE THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. VERIZON AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES TO THE ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, USEFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICE OR THAT IT WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS AT ALL.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, THE LIABILITY OF VERIZON, ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS FOR DAMAGES FOR ANY CLAIMS THAT YOU MAY HAVE RELATED TO MY NUMBERS ARE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE PRORATED AMOUNT OF THE SERVICE CHARGES INCURRED DURING THE AFFECTED PERIOD. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE VERIZON, ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, MULTIPLE, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, REPUTATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE IN ANY WAY.
- Indemnification. You will indemnify, defend and hold Verizon, and its licensors and suppliers harmless from any claims arising out of or relating to your actual or alleged misuse or fraudulent use of the Service or any other actual or alleged breach of these Terms. You are responsible for any costs incurred by Verizon or any other party (including reasonable legal fees) in connection with such claims.
- Export Control. Use of the Service may be subject to the export and import laws of the Unites States and other countries. You agree to comply with all applicable export and import laws and regulations. By using the Service and/or by downloading the App, you agree that you are not located in, under the control of, or a resident or national of any country, or person, on the United States Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the United States Commerce Department Table of Deny Orders. You also agree that you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo, or that is designated by the U.S. as a terrorist supporting country and you are not listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You agree also not to attempt to export or import any encrypted information, materials, hardware or software.
- Additional Terms and Conditions Applicable to the My Numbers App Downloaded from the Apple App Store. You may only use the App on Apple devices that you own or control, as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in Apple's App Store Terms of Service. You and Verizon acknowledge that: Apple is not obligated to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App, that Apple and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries to these Terms, and that, upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right to enforce these Terms against you in its capacity as a third party beneficiary to these Terms. Apple is not responsible for any claims made by you or a third party regarding the App, including intellectual property infringement claims, or your use or possession of the App, including but not limited to (i) product liability claims, (i) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement, (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation, or (iv) claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure of the App to conform to any warranty, express or implied. If the App fails to conform to any warranty, you may notify Apple and Apple may, as your sole and exclusive remedy, refund the amount - if any - that you paid Apple for the App.
- Safety. Please do not endanger yourself and others by using the Service while driving or engaging in any other activity that requires your full attention.
If you suspend the host line, your Service may be interrupted depending on the terms of such suspension. If your host line is still in suspend mode at the end of the virtual number monthly subscription cycle, your virtual number subscription will be canceled as of such date. You will only have 30 days from when your virtual subscription was canceled to reactivate such virtual number, as long as you still have the same host line. You won't be entitled to any refund of any monthly charges for any suspension of the monthly subscription for that virtual number.
If you transfer your host line to another person with a Verizon Wireless postpay consumer account, any associated virtual numbers will transfer with the host line and be subject to the monthly recurring fee and other charges unless you cancel the Service prior to transferring the host line.
Last Updated November 2018