By using and/or subscribing to Verizon's NumberShare service ("Service"), you are entering into an agreement with Verizon Wireless ("Verizon") and your use of the Service is subject to these Terms and Conditions ("Terms"). By using the Service for any line under your wireless account, you accept these Terms for yourself and any user that you allow to use any of your account lines on which the Service has been enabled. When you signed up to be a customer of Verizon, you entered into our Customer Agreement. The Service is subject to all of the terms in that Customer Agreement, which you can view here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/customer-agreement. If you do not agree with these Terms, you must stop using the Service. Verizon may modify or suspend the Service at any time and may make updates to these Terms without notice. By continuing to use the Service, you are agreeing to such revised Terms.
- NumberShare Features. NumberShare allows you to make and receive calls using one shared telephone number across all of your NumberShare capable Verizon LTE devices (for eligible devices). Your host smartphone's phone number ("host line") is shared by all eligible extension devices. Calls are received and sent from this shared line. Your extension device will also have its own line that will be reflected on your bill. Features and requirements vary by device. NumberShare works with compatible devices on the following wireless plans: Postpaid Verizon 2.0/1.0, More Everything, Share Everything, and Unlimited (a single-line is not eligible for NumberShare). NumberShare will only work while on the Verizon LTE Network.
- Line Transfers and De-Activation. If you deactivate the host line, all extension lines must be deactivated, moved to another NumberShare host line or operate independently. Additional monthly fees may apply if an extension device becomes a standalone device. If you transfer your host line to another provider, both your host smartphone line and any extension devices will automatically be de-activated and termination fees and charges may be incurred (including early termination fees and full device payment charges if you are on a monthly payment plan). If you transfer your smartphone host line and your extension line(s) to another person while remaining with Verizon, but the person you transferred your lines to only retains the host smartphone line, and you do not also disconnect or transfer the extension device line(s), both the host smartphone line and any extension lines will be de-activated and you will incur an increased monthly charge for the extension device line(s) as it will then operate in standalone mode.
- Ownership, Licenses and Restrictions. The Service is the property of Verizon or its licensors. The Service software and any Application installed on your device are licensed and not sold to you. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, and any other features of Verizon's brand are the property of Verizon. Verizon does not grant any branding rights to you and you may not remove or alter any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property notices of the Service. Verizon and its licensors grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, personal, non-commercial license to use the Service for its intended use. You will not or permit anyone else to sell, resell, distribute, sublicense, loan, lease, otherwise transfer, alter, modify, merge, adapt, copy, delete, record, translate, publish, upload, transmit, export, create derivative works of, make any commercial use of, reverse engineer, decompile, attempt to derive the source code, or disassemble the Service of any software that forms part of the Service. You may not use the Service or any part of it for any improper use (including infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights) and must follow all laws. You will not alter, disable, or circumvent any features embedded in the software. All rights not granted are expressly reserved.
- Eligibility & Line Limits. You can use NumberShare with a new or existing HD Voice capable and enabled host smartphone and extension devices as those devices become available. The host smartphone and extension devices must be HD Voice capable and enabled. NumberShare can support up to five extension lines per host line. Existing account line limits apply.
- Charges. Charges are billed monthly and will appear on your Verizon bill. Each sent/received call is charged as one call. Charges will increase if you switch from a sharing access charge to a standalone access charge or if you transfer only your host line to another provider or person. There may also be charges and fees if you transfer your host and/or extension lines to another provider. Charges for NumberShare are billed based on your account price plan. A plan is required for calling and data for both the host smartphone and any extension devices. For wearable devices, data charges for messaging will apply if you are not on WiFi or using Bluetooth for both the wearable extension device and the host smartphone.
- Emergency 911. You can make a 911 call on NumberShare extension devices whenever you have a cellular connection. Calls to 911 are routed and answered according to guidelines set by local public safety officials in your area. 911 calls should only be used for true emergencies. We provide enhanced location information to emergency call takers but cannot guarantee your precise location. Mobile phones are affected by the environment. Factors such as the weather, terrain and buildings may affect service and the ability to calculate the caller's location, particularly for 911 calls placed indoors. You should always tell the emergency call taker your location if possible. NumberShare cannot be used with or support 911 calls over TTY devices. Alternative accessible means of reaching 911 include: (1) using a TTY or captioned telephone service directly from a cellular or landline telephone; (2) sending a text message to 911 (in areas where text-to-911 is available); or (3) using IP-based relay services such as IP captioned telephone service or IP Relay from a wireless or landline data connection.
- Limitations. When NumberShare is active on an extension device, certain services will not work on the extension device including: Family Base, Call Forwarding, No Answer Transfer, Busy Transfer, Call Filter, Voicemail (access voicemail on the extension device by dialing the host smartphone number and pin), and RingBack Tones. Calls and messages to/from blocked contacts will not be blocked on the extension when NumberSharing with a host smartphone. Verizon does not guarantee that NumberShare will work at all times in every situation and the Service works only with eligible devices. Service may be interrupted or suspended by Verizon. For Family Base, usage and data controls you may have placed on your host smartphone will not work on any extension devices at this time (for example time of day restrictions).
- Termination/Suspension of Lines. You may de-activate the NumberShare feature at any time (higher charges may apply). If you deactivate the host line, all extension lines must be deactivated, moved to another NumberShare host line or operate independently (as a standalone which will involve a line access charge increase). When you suspend the host smartphone line, NumberShare service suspends across all shared extension devices. When suspending an extension device, the host smartphone (and any other extension devices sharing that host line) still retain network service. Verizon may terminate or discontinue the Service at any time without notice.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SERVICE AND ANY INCLUDED APPLICATION IS PROVIDED BY VERIZON OR ITS LICENSORS 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING FOR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU USE THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. VERIZON AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTYAS TO THE ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, USEFULLNESS, COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICE OR THAT IT WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS AT ALL.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, THE LIABILITY OF VERIZON, ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS FOR DAMAGES FOR ANY CLAIMS THAT YOU MAY HAVE RELATED TO NUMBERSHARE ARE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE PRORATED AMOUNT OF THE SERVICE CHARGES INCURRED DURING THE AFFECTED PERIOD. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE VERIZON, ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, MULTIPLE, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, REPUTATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE IN ANY WAY.
- Safety. Please do not endanger yourself and others by using the Service while driving or engaging in any other activity that requires your full attention.