One Talk from Verizon, together with its related devices, software and applications ("Service" or "One Talk"), is a business telephone solution that brings together the functions of desk phones and mobile devices (smartphones and tablets) into a unified system, with all devices sharing the same communication features (see https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/one-talk-features/ for a listing of features available with the Service). Before you start using the Service, we want you to know some important things.
This Addendum modifies the contract (the "Agreement") between you as our Customer ("You") and Verizon Wireless ("VZW", "We" or "Us") under which you purchase cellular service. It sets forth the terms and conditions under which you agree to use and we agree to provide the Service. By using the Service, you accept these Terms and Conditions, which may be modified by us from time to time. By continuing to use the Service after we have notified you of changes, you agree to accept those changes.
- Customer Agreement. Your use of the Service is subject to all of the terms in your Agreement, whether the Service is paid for by a business customer or by an end user.
- How the Service Works. For the Service to work, you must select the lines on your company’s profile to which you wish to add the One Talk feature. Each One Talk phone number can be shared with up to eight (8) devices, which can include one (1) smartphone using One Talk in Basic or Enhanced Dialer mode, five (5) smartphones and/or tablets using the One Talk Mobile App, and two (2) desk phones. You may only make voice and/or video calls with up to three (3) devices per One Talk phone number at the same time.
- One Talk Components
One Talk Basic and Enhanced Dialers. The One Talk Basic and Enhanced Dialers add various business features to the native dialer on a compatible smartphone (see https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/compatible-one-talk-devices/ for a current list of supported devices). With One Talk in Basic or Enhanced Dialer mode, your One Talk phone number will be the same as your VZW phone number. You can obtain access to One Talk features by dialing numeric codes. Other devices that you select will share the same One Talk phone number.
One Talk Mobile App. The One Talk Mobile App is available for smartphones and tablets either from the Google Play™ Store for devices with Android® 5.0 or higher or from the Apple® App Store® for devices with iOS 9.0 or higher. To use the Service, you must add a One Talk phone number to the Mobile App, and you must use the Mobile App to make voice and video calls and to send and receive messages. You can also obtain access to One Talk features through the Mobile App. With the Mobile App, your device will have two phone numbers – one for its original native dialer and the other for the One Talk number. Other associated devices will share the same One Talk phone number. Users may install the One Talk Mobile App on any compatible device, including devices receiving service from other carriers. In such circumstances, One Talk phone numbers must be added to their devices, and the users will be VZW subscribers for purposes of the Service only, even if they continue to use a different carrier for their original mobile telephone numbers.
One Talk Desk Phones. One Talk desk phones are Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) devices that you must purchase from VZW. At your location, you will need separate broadband service (from Verizon or another ISP), either Ethernet or Wi-Fi connectivity, and AC power.
Auto Receptionist. In order to utilize this feature, you must activate a new VZW line or port in a line from another carrier. The settings for the line must be configured, using the web portal. You will be charged a monthly recurring fee for each Auto Receptionist line in your company’s profile.
Hunt Group. You are eligible to activate a Hunt Group within your Enterprise Customer Profile Database (ECPD) profile if you have activated at least one One Talk line on a Smartphone, Desk Phone or Mobile App. You will not be charged a monthly recurring fee for any Hunt Group lines in your company’s profile.
For each One Talk line (whether on a One Talk Desk Phone, Enhanced or Basic Dialer, Mobile App, or Auto Receptionist), VZW will charge a monthly recurring fee for the Service, and either your wireless carrier or your broadband provider will bill data, voice, and messaging charges based on your existing service plan. Charges for international use may apply. You may be assessed additional 911 surcharges if required by law, for up to a maximum of three devices on each mobile phone number during the applicable billing cycle.
One Talk Basic or Enhanced Dialer. If you are using a device on the VZW network and the device supports video calling, the voice portion of the video call will be billed as minutes of use and the video portion will be billed as data under your existing mobile service plan. If you are using a device on Wi-Fi and the device supports video calling, the voice and data portions of the video call will only be billed as data under your broadband plan. Voice calls will be billed as minutes of use only.
One Talk Mobile App. Your download of the One Talk Mobile App will consume approximately 30 MB of data. Your use of the Service (including your download of the One Talk Mobile App) will be billed as data under either the mobile service plan for the applicable device or by your Wi-Fi broadband provider.
Desk Phones. Voice and video calls to and from One Talk desk phones will consume data on your existing broadband connection.
- One Talk Components
- Emergency 911 Calls. You can make a 911 call over a Wi-Fi connection when using the Service, but whenever possible, you should avoid doing so, because 911 calls over a Wi-Fi connection will not work if there is a failure of your broadband connection, electrical power, or the 911 system does not recognize your address. In addition, when using a One Talk desk phone, voice functionality (including the ability to make and receive 911 calls) will not be available during a power outage, broadband connection failure or other service disruption. Before any desk phone can be activated or the Service can be activated on any device, you must enter the U.S. address where you want emergency services to be sent if you call 911. It is not necessary to use the same address for all devices. It is very important that you update your 911 address whenever you change your location for any of these devices, because this is the location that will be given to emergency services when you dial 911. You can go to your Mobile App Settings and change your 911 address at any time, or change the 911 address for a desk phone on the web portal. Note: With a device using the One Talk Mobile App, emergency services will use the 911 address you entered only if you use Wi-Fi to make the 911 call; otherwise, your device’s built-in capabilities will provide the location of your device.
- Service Limitations. The Service is not compatible with fax machines, credit card machines or certain security systems. Your VZW representative can suggest other possible solutions for some of these functions. Please check with your provider to confirm the compatibility requirements of your security system.
- Important Service Disclosures. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE SERVICE IS IMPLEMENTED WITHOUT SPECIFIC CONTROLS THAT MAY GENERALLY BE REQUIRED OR CUSTOMARY FOR CUSTOMERS IN ANY PARTICULAR INDUSTRY AND ARE NOT DESIGNED TO SATISFY ANY SPECIFIC LEGAL OBLIGATIONS. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THAT THE SERVICE SATISFIES ANY LEGAL, REGULATORY OR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS YOU MAY HAVE. YOU AGREE TO USE THE SERVICE IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND NOT TO USE THE SERVICE IN ANY MANNER THAT MAY IMPOSE LEGAL, REGULATORY OR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS ON US, OTHER THAN THOSE WITH WHICH WE HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO COMPLY IN THIS ADDENDUM.
- Software. In connection with the Service, we will provide software that is owned by us, our affiliates or third-party licensors ("Software"). We may update the Software from time to time and your failure to install any update may affect your Service and/or use of the Software. You may use the Software only as part of, or for use with, the Service as authorized in this Addendum.
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Service and the Software solely as authorized in this Addendum. All rights regarding use of the Service and Software not expressly granted in this Addendum are reserved by us and/or any third-party licensors. The Software contains some programming, scripts, tools, modules, libraries, components, or other items that were developed using "Open Source" code, which are available for download at www.verizon.com/opensource.
You may not adapt, alter, modify, reverse engineer, de-compile, disassemble, translate, attempt to derive source code from or create derivative works of the Service or Software, or otherwise tamper with or modify any security features or other Service components for any reason (or allow or help anyone else to do so). You also agree to follow all rules and policies applicable to the Service, including the installation of required or automated updates, modifications and/or reinstallations of Software and obtaining available patches to address security, interoperability and/or performance issues.
- Disclaimer of Warranty. THE SERVICE AND SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND BY EITHER US, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, CONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS (TOGETHER, THE "VERIZON PARTIES"), INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE VERIZON PARTIES AND ANY THIRD PARTY MOBILE APPLICATION STORE OPERATORS FROM WHICH YOU DOWNLOAD THE ONE TALK MOBILE APP WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR ANY SECURITY ISSUES THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY THE VERIZON PARTIES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY HEREUNDER.