One Talk from Verizon, together with its related devices, software and applications ("Service" or "One Talk"), is a business telephone solution that brings together the functions of office phones and mobile devices (smartphones and tablets) into a unified system, with all devices sharing the same communication features. (See http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/one-talk-features/ for a listing of features available with the Service.) Before you start, we want you to know some important things about the Service.
This Addendum modifies the Major or National Account Agreement (the "Agreement") between you as our Customer ("You") and Verizon Wireless ("VZW," "We" or "Us"). It sets forth the terms and conditions under which you agree to use and we agree to provide the Service. By using the Service, you accept these Terms and Conditions, which may be modified by us from time to time. By continuing to use the Service after we have notified you of changes, you agree to accept those changes.
- Customer Agreement. Your use of the Service is subject to all of the terms in your Agreement.
- How the Service Works. To use the Service on wireless devices, you must install either the One Talk Dialer or the One Talk Mobile App. If you wish to use desk phones with the Service, they must be purchased from Verizon Wireless because other desk phones are not compatible with the Service. The Service can be shared with up to seven (7) devices, including up to five (5) mobile devices (smartphones and/or compatible tablets) and up to (2) desk phones, all of which share the same One Talk phone number.
One Talk Dialer. The One Talk Dialer adds various business features to a compatible device's native dialer, which is available on select smartphones available from Verizon Wireless. (See www.verizonwireless.com/support/compatible-one-talk-devices/ for a current list of supported smartphones.) With the One Talk Dialer, your Verizon Wireless phone number will be the same as your One Talk phone number. Other associated devices will share the same One Talk business number.
One Talk Mobile App. One Talk Mobile App adds the same features as the One Talk Dialer and is available from the Google Play™ Store or the Apple® App Store for smartphones or tablets with Android™ 5.0 or higher or iOS 9.0 or higher. With the One Talk Mobile App, your device will have two mobile phone numbers, one for its original native dialer and the other for the end user’s One Talk business number. Other associated devices will share the same One Talk business number. In order to access One Talk features and use their One Talk business number, users of devices with the One Talk Mobile App must use the App to place and receive calls. Users may bring their own compatible devices from any carrier if they are installing the One Talk Mobile App, but a Verizon Wireless One Talk mobile telephone number also will be added to their device, and they will be Verizon Wireless subscribers for purposes of the Service, even if they continue with a different carrier for their original mobile telephone number.
Desk Phones. One Talk desk phones are Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) devices, which require separate broadband service (from Verizon or another ISP) at your office. Each desk phone requires either Ethernet or Wi-Fi connectivity and AC power at your location.
In addition to charges for the Service, other charges for data, voice calls and/or text messages will apply. Your download of the One Talk Dialer or One Talk Mobile App will consume approximately 15 MB of data. Your use of the Service (including your download of the One Talk Dialer or the One Talk Mobile App) will be billed according to your voice and data plans when you are on the Verizon Wireless network. If you use the One Talk Dialer, voice calls, as well as the voice portions of video calls (if you have a device that supports video calling), will be billed as minutes of use, while the video portion will be billed as data. All uses of the Service on the One Talk Mobile App will be billed as data when you are on the VZW network. Calls to and from One Talk desk phones consume data, and charges (if any) will be billed by your broadband provider. Also, depending on your service address, you may be assessed additional 911 surcharges if required by law, for up to a maximum of three devices on each mobile phone number during the applicable billing cycle.
- Emergency 911 Calls. You can make a 911 call over a Wi-Fi connection when using the Service, but whenever possible, you should avoid doing so, because 911 calls over a Wi-Fi connection will not work if there is a failure of your broadband connection, electrical power, or the 911 system doesn't recognize your address. In addition, when using a One Talk desk phone, voice functionality (including the ability to make and receive 911 calls) will not be available during a power outage, broadband connection failure or other service disruption. If you purchase any One Talk desk phones, wish to add the Service to any tablets or install the One Talk Mobile App on any smartphones, you must enter the U.S. address where you want emergency services to be sent if you call 911, before each desk phone can be activated or the Service can be activated on each device. It is not necessary (and may not be appropriate) to use the same address for all devices. It is very important that you update your 911 address whenever you change your location for any of these devices, since this is the location that will be given to emergency services when you dial 911. (Note: With a smartphone using the One Talk Mobile App, this is only the case if you use Wi-Fi to make a 911 call. If you are using the Verizon Wireless Network, your smartphone's built-in capabilities will provide the location of your device.) You can go to any mobile device's Settings and change your 911 address at any time, or change the 911 address for a desk phone on the One Talk Portal.
- Preexisting Voicemail and Text Messages. When you install the One Talk Dialer on a compatible device that you already were using, all preexisting voicemails and text messages will be deleted from your device, so if you wish to retain any voicemails and/or text messages, you should back them up to Verizon Cloud or other storage service before installing the One Talk Dialer. After installation of the One Talk Dialer, subsequent voicemails and text messages will be accessible through the Service.
- Service Limitations. The Service is not currently compatible with fax machines, credit card machines or certain security systems. Your Verizon Wireless representative can suggest other possible solutions for some of these functions. Please check with your provider to confirm the compatibility requirements of your security system.
- Important Service Disclosures. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE SERVICE IS IMPLEMENTED WITHOUT SPECIFIC CONTROLS THAT MAY GENERALLY BE REQUIRED OR CUSTOMARY FOR CUSTOMERS IN ANY PARTICULAR INDUSTRY AND ARE NOT DESIGNED TO SATISFY ANY SPECIFIC LEGAL OBLIGATIONS. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THAT THE SERVICE SATISFIES ANY LEGAL, REGULATORY OR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS YOU MAY HAVE. YOU AGREE TO USE THE SERVICES IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND NOT TO USE THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER THAT MAY IMPOSE LEGAL, REGULATORY OR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS ON US, OTHER THAN THOSE WITH WHICH WE HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO COMPLY IN THIS ADDENDUM.
- Software. In connection with the Service, we will provide software that is owned by us, our affiliates or third-party licensors ("Software"). We may update the Software from time to time and your failure to install any update may affect your Service and/or use of the Software. You may use the Software only as part of, or for use with, the Service as authorized in this Addendum.
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Service and the Software solely as authorized in this Addendum. All rights regarding use of the Service and Software not expressly granted in this Addendum are reserved by us and/or any third-party licensors. The Software contains some programming, scripts, tools, modules, libraries, components, or other items that were developed using "Open Source" code; which are available for download at www.verizon.com/opensource.
You may not adapt, alter, modify, reverse engineer, de-compile, disassemble, translate, attempt to derive source code from or create derivative works of the Service or Software, or otherwise tamper with or modify any security features or other Service components for any reason (or allow or help anyone else to do so). You also agree to follow all rules and policies applicable to the Service, including the installation of required or automated updates, modifications and/or reinstallations of Software and obtaining available patches to address security, interoperability and/or performance issues.
- Disclaimer of Warranty. THE SERVICE AND SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND BY EITHER US, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, CONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS (TOGETHER, THE "VERIZON PARTIES"), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE VERIZON PARTIESAND ANY THIRD PARTY MOBILE APPLICATION STORE OPERATORS FROM WHICH YOU DOWNLOAD THE ONE TALK MOBILE APP WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR ANY SECURITY ISSUES THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY THE VERIZON PARTIES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY HEREUNDER.