Total Equipment Coverage is a combination of Wireless Phone Protection and Extended Warranty.
With Total Equipment Coverage, you get:
- Coverage for loss, theft and damage
- As soon as next-day-device replacement
- $29/claim unlimited cracked-screen repair for select smartphones and subject to parts availability*
- A replacement if your device experiences a defect after the warranty expires
*Check eligibility and repair options available in your area online. Repair options are determined at the point of claim.
To be eligible for Total Equipment Coverage*, you must enroll within 30 days of one of the following:
- Purchase a new device and activate it on a new or existing line
- Bring your own device that meets the following criteria:
- Is fully functioning, without damage (including cracked screens) and free of defects
- Isn't lost or stolen
- Is activated on a new line (not an existing line)
You can also enroll during an open enrollment period. Open enrollments aren't guaranteed.
You can check your eligibility in My Verizon. If Device Protection is listed under the Get Products tab, and you can select Total Equipment Coverage from the dropdown, you're eligible to enroll.
Note: If you're bringing your own device, you can check device compatibility before signing up for a new line of service.
*Not available in Florida.
Total Equipment Coverage costs:
- $11/month for smartphones (tier 1*) and watches
- $7/month for smartphones (tier 2*), basic phones and tablets
*For information about your smartphone model tier, check the online Deductible Amounts table or call (888) 881-2622.
If you file an insurance claim for a lost, stolen or damaged device, you'll also need to pay a deductible. Find the pricing and deductible for your specific device on Asurion's website:
- I have device protection for my device
- Note: Click Find Out Now, and enter the requested information for phone and ZIP code.
- I don't have device protection for my device yet
You can have up to 3 replacements or repairs in a 12-month period with a device replacement maximum of $400 or $2,000 per claim, depending on device type.
Asurion may fulfill claims with new or refurbished devices. In general, Asurion will try to provide you with a replacement device that is the same color and has the same features. If the same make and model isn't available, a similar make and model will be substituted. Color, feature and accessory compatibility aren't guaranteed.
Devices with manufacturer's defects will be replaced with a new or Certified Like-New Replacement of the same or comparable model. Verizon Extended Warranty isn't available in Florida. In Florida, coverage for post-warranty defects is provided by Asurion's insurance program (replacement device deductible and claim limit apply).
You can cancel your coverage at any time and receive a prorated refund of your monthly fee. If you cancel within the first 30 days and haven't filed a claim, you'll receive a full refund of the Extended Warranty portion of the monthly fee.
File a Claim
If your device is lost, stolen or damaged, you can file a claim on Asurion's website or by calling (888) 881-2622.
If your device has a manufacturer's defect (except in Florida), call Verizon at (866) 406-5154.