With Total Equipment Coverage, you get:
- Coverage for lost, stolen or damaged devices
- A replacement if your device experiences a defect after the warranty expires
To be eligible for Total Equipment Coverage*, you must enroll within 30 days of one of the following:
- Purchase a new device and activate it on a new or existing line
- Bring your own device that meets the following criteria:
- Is a Verizon device that was purchased through Verizon or an Authorized Retailer
- Is fully functioning, without damage (including cracked screens) and free of defects
- Isn't lost or stolen
- Is activated on a new line (not an existing line)
Note: You can also enroll during an open enrollment period.
You can check your eligibility in My Verizon. If Equipment Protection is listed under the Get Products tab, and you can select Total Equipment Coverage from the dropdown, you're eligible to enroll.
*Not available in Florida.
Total Equipment Coverage costs:
- $9/month for smartphones and watches
- $5/month for basic phones and tablets
If you file an insurance claim for a lost, stolen or damaged device, you'll also need to pay a deductible. You can look up the deductible for your specific device on Asurion's website.
*Prices shown above are for everyone except those who enrolled between 12/26/17 and 1/24/18. If you enrolled during this time period, please visit Asurion's website for your monthly pricing and deductible information.
You can have up to 3 replacements or repairs in a 12-month period with a device replacement maximum of $400 or $2,000 per claim, depending on device type.
Asurion may fulfill claims with new or refurbished devices. In general, claims are fulfilled with the same make and model you claim. If this isn't possible, a like-kind make and model will be substituted. Color, feature and accessory compatibility are not guaranteed.
Devices with manufacturer's defects will be replaced with a new or Certified Like-New Replacement of the same or comparable model.*
You can cancel your coverage at any time and receive a pro-rated refund of your monthly fee.
*Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty (EW) program is not available in Florida; in Florida, coverage for post-warranty defects is provided by Asurion's insurance program (deductible and claim limit apply).
File a Claim
If your device is lost, stolen or damaged, you can file a claim on Asurion's website or by calling (888) 881-2622.
If your device has a manufacturer's defect, call Verizon Wireless at (866) 406-5154.