Verizon Ellipsis® 10 Software Update
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to help optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon Wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
System Update Instructions
To help you with the Software Update for your Verizon Ellipsis 10, follow these steps on your device.
Over the Air (OTA) User Initiated
This process allows a user to navigate through the device options to seek updates.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > Phone Info > Software Update > Check New.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now and it will begin downloading.
- Tap Install now to install the new software.
- The device will re-boot after the software update is complete and a pop-up that states software update is complete will be displayed, tap OK to continue.
If the update fails, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/support.
Software Version: IR7_20C59
- SD card app storage
You can now move your device apps to an SD card, freeing up space on your internal storage
- Automatic photo preview thumbnail
Check out your pictures right away with a preview thumbnail in the camera app
Bug fixes and additional benefits:
- Better Wi-Fi connectivity, improving both upload and download performance
- Improved TalkBack readout accuracy
- Fixed total data use display in Setting and Data Usage
- Corrected software update data usage display in OS data meter
- Improved IndyCar app stability
- Fixed improper display rotation, which made some apps and games unusable, such as Clash Royale
- Status bar now shows femtocell icon when connected to a network extender
- Device displays correct number of connected devices when using mobile hotspot
- Latest Android security patches and bug fixes
Next steps and additional links
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.