Verizon Ellipsis® Jetpack® MHS800L Software Update
A critical software update is available for your Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack MHS800L. You must download and install this update as soon as possible, to ensure your device continues to function properly. View these step-by-step instructions to perform the update.
Before you download:
- You will need an internet connection to download the upgrade tool for your Ellipsis Jetpack 800L. If you are not able to connect to the internet using your Ellipsis Jetpack 800L, you will need an alternate data connection to download the update tool such as a smartphone mobile hotspot.
Please note, in either instance data usage may apply.
- Ensure that your battery is fully charged.
Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack MHS800L SU#1 Update Tool Guide for Windows®
Getting ready to execute the PC tool
- Download the Ellipsis_Jetpack_MHS800L_Update_Tool.exe PC tool.
- Save the Ellipsis_Jetpack_MHS800L_Update_Tool.exe to your desktop.
Updating with the PC tool
- Double click the Ellipsis_Jetpack_MHS800L_Update_Tool.exe file that was saved to your desktop.
(There may be a security warning message. Choose "ignore" or "run anyway", etc.)
- Connect your computer to your Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack MHS800L's Wi-Fi signal, then click Next >>
- If your device software is already up to date, click Exit.
- If there's an update available for your device, the tool will display both the current software on your device and the new version available. Click Next >> to start the update.
- During the update process, a progress bar will be displayed.
Important: Don't disconnect your computer's internet connection during the update.
- When the update is finished, the device will reboot.
- After the device reboots, click Exit, and disconnect it from your computer.
Confirm your device firmware version:
- Open your computer's Wi-Fi connections list and make sure it's connected to the Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack MHS800L.
- Open an internet browser and go to http://my.jetpack or http://192.168.1.1.
- After logging in, go to About Jetpack > Jetpack Info and confirm your Jetpack has firmware version 22.214.171.124-25569.
Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack MHS800L SU#1 Update Tool Guide for Mac®
Note: This Update Tool works on Mac OS version 10.7 and above.
Download and set up the Update tool
- Download the Update tool from the Franklin Wireless support web site.
- Unpack the downloaded zip file.
Update your software with Update tool
- In Finder, Control-click or right-click the Jetpack 800L Update Tool icon.
- Select Open from the top of the menu.
- Click Open in the dialog box. If prompted, enter an administrator name and password.
- Click Next on the Welcome screen.
- Click Next if there is an update available for your device.
If your device is already updated to the latest software, you don't need to update your device. Click Exit to close the Update tool.
- The Update tool will update your device. After the update completes, your device will reboot automatically.
- After the device reboots, connect your Mac to the device if not automatically connected.
- Click Exit when the update finishes.
Confirm your device is updated
- Connect your Mac to the Ellipsis Jetpack (MHS800L).
- Open a web browser on your connected Mac and enter http://my.jetpack (or http://192.168.1.1)
- Go to About Jetpack > Jetpack Info. Confirm your Jetpack has Firmware version 126.96.36.199-25569.