Verizon Messages (Message+) with Integrated Messaging and Integrated Calling ("Service") is an application that provides an integrated and customized messaging experience across your mobile phone, tablet, PC, and other devices, and an integrated calling experience across your mobile phone and tablet. You can also send group, location and other multimedia messages ("MMS") in addition to traditional text messages. Before you start, we want you to know some important things about the Service.
This agreement is between you as our Subscriber and Verizon Wireless ("VZW) and sets forth the terms and conditions under which you agree to use and we agree to provide the Service. By using the Service, you accept these Terms and Conditions, which may be modified by us from time to time. If you are a business user, then this agreement is also between VZW and your company and by using the Service you represent that you are authorized to accept these terms on its behalf.
- Customer Agreement. This Service is subject to all of the terms in your agreement for wireless service with VZW. For consumers, when you signed up to be a customer of VZW, you entered into a Customer Agreement with us and this Service is subject to all of the terms in that Customer Agreement. The current version of the Customer Agreement can be found at: www.verizonwireless.com/legal/notices/customer-agreement/. For business users, the agreement for wireless service between VZW and your company applies.
- Integrated Calling. Integrated Calling allows you to make and receive calls through the Service on your smartphone and up to five additional tablets, which share your smartphone's phone number. To use Integrated Calling, you must first activate Advanced Calling on your smartphone. You must also have access to the Internet through your device's Wi-Fi or cellular connection. If you lose your Internet connection while on a call, your call may drop. You can disable Integrated Calling by going to Settings and toggling it off.
- Emergency 911 Calls. You can make a 911 call on a tablet through Integrated Calling, but whenever possible, you should make a 911 call on a cellular or landline phone. This is because 911 calls made over WiFi or the Internet may be delayed or unsuccessful; for example, if the 911 system doesn't recognize the address, electrical power is out, or your Internet connection isn't working. To turn on Integrated Calling, you must enter the U.S. address where you want emergency services to be sent if you call 911 from this app. It is very important that you update your 911 address whenever you change your location since this is the location that will be given to emergency services when you dial 911. You can go to Settings and change your 911 address at any time.
- Charges.Your download and use of the Service will be billed according to your messaging and data plans with VZW or your wireless carrier. For VZW customers: (i) the same rate will be charged per message per recipient regardless of whether you send your message from your mobile phone, tablet, PC, laptop, or other device, and (ii) group MMS messages and messages with attachments less than 5 MB will be charged at the MMS rate. Data charges apply for Service and feature downloads and use of some features of the Service on the cellular network, including, but not limited to, Integrated Calling (voice and video where applicable), sending/receiving standard or high resolution videos, preview, location and search functions, and for the synchronization of messages among your devices. When using the Service outside of the U.S., Global Data charges will apply. Visit www.vzw.com/global for more information.
- Integrated Calling Charges. You can use Integrated Calling with no additional monthly service fee. However, you will incur data usage charges in accordance with your data plan. If you transfer a call among connected devices, each transfer will be billed as a separate call and will be billed accordingly. Also, depending on your service address, you may be assessed an additional 911 charge if required by law. Any call made from a tablet to a U.S. number will be treated as a domestic call, no matter where the call originates, and will not count against your calling plan, except for calls made to premium numbers such as 411. Any call made from a tablet to a non-U.S. number will be treated as an international long distance call that originates in the U.S., which is subject to U.S. taxes, fees and VZW surcharges, no matter where the call actually originates. These calls will be billed in accordance with your international calling plan or, if you do not have an international calling plan, you will be charged the applicable standard long distance rate for the location called.
- eGift Card and Data Gift Purchases. When you purchase an eGift Card or Data Gift through the Service, you may charge it to your VZW account or your credit card (when available). Eligibility requirements may apply. Please visit www.verizonwireless.com/support/freebee-data-gifting-legal to view the full eGift Card and Data Gift terms and conditions prior to purchase. If you purchase and send an eGift Card or Data Gift through the Service, then those charges, including any taxes and surcharges, if applicable, will appear on your VZW bill or your credit card bill, as selected by you. By purchasing an eGift Card or Data Gift, you acknowledge that you are authorized to use the designated VZW account or credit card and you authorize us to charge your purchase to that VZW account or credit card. When you provide your payment information, you authorize us (or a third party payment processor) to process and store your payment and related information. Credit card processing fees may apply even if the credit card has expired or changed by the time VZW submits the charges. You are responsible for resolving any problem we encounter in order to proceed with your purchase. To prevent a line on your account from charging eGift Cards or Data Gifts to your VZW account, change your Block services settings in My Verizon. To learn more about blocking, please visit: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/#item3.
Stockpile Gift Card. Stockpile gift cards are issued by Stockpile Gifts, Inc. and have a fixed value. Stockpile gift cards are not a security or a recommendation to buy a specific security. If you redeem a Stockpile gift card for a security, you will receive fractional shares whose value will vary with time. Purchase price include initial stock trade, which executes at the market on close price. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Securities transactions are executed by Stockpile Investments, Inc. member FINRA/SIPC. Investing involves risk. Securities products are: Not FDIC insured. Not bank guaranteed. May lose value.
Data Gift. Data Gifts are only applicable for future data usage and cannot be applied to accrued data charges or overages on a VZW account. Data Gifts have no cash value, are not returnable or refundable, and may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash. Data Gifts can only be purchased by and sent to VZW customers. Only VZW customers with an eligible data plan may receive and redeem Data Gifts. If you receive a Data Gift and terminate or cancel your postpaid VZW account, or switch to a non-qualifying plan or ineligible account type, any unused data will expire. Data Gifts are not transferable and will not be prorated.
- Message Retention. To make sure your messages are synched across your devices, we store the messages you keep on your devices for up to 90 days. If you schedule a message to be sent at a later date, then we store that unsent message until the scheduled delivery date and up to 90 days after delivery. When you delete a message from one device, we delete it from our servers and also from your other devices. This synching process may not be instantaneous. If you no longer want to use the Service on any device, then you must unsubscribe in the app Settings to stop the Service from synching and storing your messages. Deleting the app from a device or switching to another messaging application, even as the default messaging application on the device, will not stop the storage of messages unless you unsubscribe to the Service in the app Settings.
- HIPAA. The Service includes a feature called Integrated Messaging that stores messages in the cloud and enables you to synchronize message across multiple devices, including smartphones, tablets and the web. Integrated Messaging is not designed for secure transmission or storage of personal healthcare information. Therefore, it must not be used to store or transmit Protected Health Information (PHI) as defined in the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 and accompanying regulations (collectively "HIPAA"). If you are a Covered Entity or a Business Associate as defined by HIPAA, you must not use Integrated Messaging to store or transmit PHI. If your business is a Covered Entity or Business Associate as defined by HIPAA, or otherwise does not want its users to save messages to the cloud, an authorized representative must block Integrated Messaging. For further information, go to
https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/apps/verizon-messages/. To learn more about HIPAA, go to: https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/index.html.
- Copyrights. The software for the Service allows you to choose to attach photos, GIFs and videos ("User Content") to your messages. You may choose to attach User Content from your own gallery or device, a new photo that you take, a new video or GIF that you created, or User Content available for use and/or download from your Internet search (powered by Yahoo) or GIF search. All User Content is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such User Content. We do not monitor or control the User Content you choose to send via the Service and, we disclaim all responsibility for such content. User Content that appears as a result of your image search of the Internet may be subject to copyright protection which limits or prohibits their copying, transmission and/or use. You agree that you will not attach copyrighted User Content in a way that infringes any copyright, and that you are wholly responsible for any copyright infringement resulting from your conduct. If you are unsure about whether your conduct is lawful, you should attach a link to the User Content instead of the photo or GIF itself. If you believe that your photo has been provided by the search function in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, then please contact Yahoo!'s Agent for Notice as specified in its Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy: https://policies.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/ip/index.htm. If you believe that your GIF has been provided by the search function in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, then please contact Giphy's Designated Agent as specified in its DMCA Copyright Policy: http://giphy.com/dmca.
- Enhanced Group Chat. You can enable/disable the Enhanced Group Chat feature in Settings. Messages sent and received by Message+ app users will not appear in your message logs on your bill.
- Restrictions on Use. You may not, or allow others to, adapt, alter, modify, de-compile, reverse engineer, translate, or create derivative works of the Service or any included software.
- Termination. VZW may terminate or discontinue the Service at any time without notice, including if you breach this Agreement.
- Disclaimer of Warranty. THIS SERVICE AND ANY INCLUDED SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS,' WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND BY EITHER VZW OR ITS LICENSORS.
- Driving Safety. VZW is not responsible for use of the mobile phone while driving, whether or not you choose to activate Driving Mode. Safe driving is your responsibility and should always be your first priority. Use of your mobile phone or other electronic devices while driving can cause distractions, even if you are using hands free devices or have activated Driving Mode. Consider turning off your mobile phone and allowing calls to go to voicemail, and never text or email while driving.