This notice provides detail about the Verizon Selects program.
Verizon Selects helps Verizon and third-party advertisers personalize your experiences and make promotions, offers and ads better match your interests across the devices you use, or via mail, email or text messaging that you have allowed. This program shares information with Verizon Media. The best advertising is for something you might actually want, and that is what we want to give you.
Information used by the Verizon Selects program includes:
- Information about your wireless device and how you use it - including web addresses of sites you visit, information about the apps on your device and features you use, as well as device and advertising identifiers.
- Information about your device location, including network data and location information transmitted by apps you permit to use your device location.
- Your postal and email addresses.
- Information about the quantity, type, destination, location, and amount of use of your Verizon telecommunications and interconnected voice over internet services and related billing information (also known as Customer Proprietary Network Information or CPNI). This includes information about phone numbers you call and receive calls from and the times you make and receive calls.
- Information about your Verizon products and services and how you use them (such as data and calling features and use, Fios service options, equipment and device types).
- Information we get from other companies (such as gender, age range, interests, shopping preferences, and ad responses) or that you provide.
- Information advertisers share with us to better target their own advertising.
We do not share information that identifies you personally outside of Verizon as part of Selects other than with vendors and partners who work for us and are required to protect the information and use it only for the services they are providing us.
Does the program use device identifiers?
The program uses online and device identifiers, including browser cookies, ad IDs from Apple and Google, and one created by Verizon, known as a Unique Identifier Header or UIDH. Verizon includes a UIDH in the address information of Internet requests going to Verizon companies (including Verizon Media). When you join Verizon Selects, the UIDH may also be shared with partners who provide advertising services. Verizon partners are authorized to use the UIDH only as part of Verizon and Verizon Media services.
We use identifiers to enhance our advertising programs, for example:
- to link Verizon advertising program information to Verizon Media information for more personalized advertising
- to serve ads to customers in apps and web browsers that do not use common advertising identifiers; and,
- to help determine that different devices have the same user, so Verizon Media can deliver better advertising in more places.
Your CPNI and other information will be shared among the Verizon family of companies. You have a right and Verizon has a duty under federal law to protect the confidentiality of your CPNI.
You must join Verizon Selects to be a part of it, and you can change your mind at any time. You will remain in the program until you withdraw your consent. Information Verizon Selects collects while you are a participant may be kept for up to three years. Visit the Verizon Selects Preference Center to stop participating.
If you choose not to participate, your choice will not affect any of your other Verizon services.
You also have choices about how Verizon Media uses information for advertising purposes.
If you do not want the UIDH (discussed above) included in any of your web traffic, you should opt out of the separate Relevant Mobile Advertising program and not opt-in to Verizon Selects.
More information is available about Verizon Selects and the Unique Identifier Header. When you agree to participate in Verizon Selects, you will also be part of Verizon's Business and Marketing Insights and Relevant Mobile Advertising programs. The Verizon and Verizon Media privacy policies provide additional details about the information we collect and how we use it.