Vtext.com lets you send text messages to Verizon Wireless devices from your email. However, it's no longer available as a website that you can use to view and send text messages.
To send a text message from your email:
- Create a new email.
- Enter a 10-digit Verizon Wireless mobile number in the To field, and add "@vtext.com" (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Send the email and it will be delivered to the recipient's mobile phone as a text message.
Message length is limited to 140 characters, including the email address. Vtext.com messages can only contain text. Multimedia messages can't be sent by email to a Verizon Wireless device using Vtext.com.
If you want to send and view messages from a website, you can use Verizon Messages (Message+). It's an enhanced messaging service that also syncs your messages across all your devices.
Note: If you have a business account and send high volumes of messages with Vtext.com, you should be aware of the following:
- The vtext.com domain is not intended to be used for large volumes of commercial messages or emergency messages.
- Due to the inherent limitations of internet email, Verizon provides no assurance regarding the timeliness or receipt of messages sent using this service.
- Businesses and organizations looking to send a high volume of messages should subscribe to Verizon Enterprise Messaging.