BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Attention last-minute planners: if you’re going to book an end-of-summer trip or you’re looking for a local hidden treasure for a weekend getaway, Verizon Wireless’ team of real-life Test Men and Women can help you find the right location and stay connected once you get there.
Verizon Wireless’ Test Men and Women, who inspired the company’s iconic advertising campaign, get a first-hand look at the country’s classic as well as hidden summertime spots as they test network performance, call quality and data network performance. So, if you’re looking for a last-minute summer getaway, here are this year’s picks from some of Verizon Wireless’ Test Men and Women:
- Looking for a popular vacation spot? Test Man Ron Horvath recommends New York’s Finger Lakes region. He says, “The villages become hubs of tourists, commerce and recreation around the lakes and along the many wine trails in the area.”
- Looking to get outdoors and see some wildlife? Test Man Martin Wooldridge recommends Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. He says, “Yellowstone is really nice in the summer, and I often see wildlife while I am out testing.”
- Looking for a scenic location? Test Man Clark Kent recommends Sandusky, Ohio, on the Lake Erie Coast. He says, “There is always a nice breeze coming off the lake and beautiful scenery.”
- Looking for a quiet retreat? Test Man DeAnthony Norwood recommends Reynolds Plantation near Lake Oconee in Georgia. He says, “Part of the area is in the woods along the lake.”
- Looking for more ideas? Read the Test Men and Women’s picks for 2008 at http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2008/07/pr2008-07-31.html.
Whether you’re heading to a vacation hotspot or taking the road less traveled, you can stay connected while you’re on the go thanks to the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless network. Verizon Wireless’ nationwide team of more than 90 Test Men and Women conduct more than 3 million voice call attempts and more than 16 million data tests annually on the Verizon Wireless network and the networks of competitors. The collected data helps Verizon Wireless plan the company’s network improvement program, including placement of new cell sites and expansion of existing call capabilities in growing communities. In each of the last four years, Verizon Wireless invested $6.5 billion or more to expand and advance its network.
Verizon Wireless invites members of the news media who are interested in participating in ride-along test drives with the Test Men and Women from their area to see first-hand how the company monitors and tests its network to ensure efficient operation. Media interested in scheduling a ride-along or interview can visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/testdriver/index.html and e-mail or call the media contact listed under the appropriate profile.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.