Today, Verizon customers will begin seeing the new Softcard branding replace the Isis Wallet logo on their smartphones and other properties. Softcard offers the same simplicity, functionality and features of the mobile wallet customers have come to enjoy, ensuring a safe and easy way to shop, pay and save using their mobile phones.
What Does the Change Mean for Verizon Customers?
- The existing mobile wallet will work as it always has and customers can continue to pay and save with their phone.
- Customers who have auto-update enabled on their app settings will see Isis Wallet become Softcard automatically. Those that don’t can go to their app settings and actively choose to update the Isis Wallet app to Softcard. Note: Isis Wallet will not update to Softcard on iOS devices.
- Customers can now also store loyalty cards, along with coupons and other special offers in their Softcard app. New loyalty cards are being added from stores like CVS, IKEA, Barnes & Noble, GameStop and Staples.
In addition, there are some great coupons and special offers available to customers:
- Spend $40 and get $20 back using American Express Serve through September 30th, 2014
- $1 back when you Tap and Pay with American Express Serve through December 31st, 2014
- Great money saving offers from Toys R Us, Jamba Juice and more – check your wallet for the latest deals
And on the heels of the recent Apple announcement, Mobile Payments – and NFC technology in particular, looks to gain more and more adoption among smartphone customers. With that in mind, Softcard, a joint venture between Verizon Wireless, AT&T Mobility and T-Mobile, announced that they are actively working with Apple to enable Softcard on the iPhone in 2015
Click here to learn more about Softcard, which can be used at more than 200,000 locations across the country.