This guide is for current Verizon Wireless customers who purchased a 4G LTE phone. If you're a new Verizon Wireless customer, refer to the Activating and Setting Up 4G LTE Phone Guide for New Customers.
Note: If you're upgrading from iPhone® to a non-Apple phone, you should turn off iMessage® before activating your new phone.
Step 1: Save Contacts and Content from Your Old Device
Note: If you have already backed up your contacts and content, go to Step 2.
- Visit Verizon Wireless Contact Transfer Wizard and follow the instructions to save your contacts from your old phone.
- Visit the Verizon Cloud Support Page to check if your phone is compatible with Verizon Cloud.
Step 2: Turn Off Your Old Phone
Step 3: Call Automated System
Note: If you are using your existing 4G LTE SIM card, skip to Step 4.
- Call 1-877-807-4646 from any phone other than your new phone and follow the prompts to turn on your 4G LTE service. Have your Customer Receipt handy because you will be asked to confirm information from it.
Step 4: Locate and Insert SIM Card
- If you received a Verizon Wireless 4G LTE SIM card in the red "Getting Started" folder included with your shipment, snap the SIM card out of its holder without touching the gold electrical contacts.
- If you did not receive a Verizon Wireless 4G LTE SIM card, remove the SIM card from your previous device without touching the gold electrical contacts.
- Locate the SIM card slot or tray on your phone, usually under the battery or on one of the sides. Gently insert the SIM card, aligning the notched corner with image on the SIM card slot or tray.
- For help installing your SIM card refer to our Device Specific Simulators, then choose your phone.
Step 5: Activate Phone
- Insert the phone's battery, and attach the battery cover.
- Turn on the device by pressing the power button on the top right of the device
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete activation and set up of your phone
Visit Verizon Cloud Support Page to see if your new phone is compatible with Verizon Cloud. If your phone is compatible, download Verizon Cloud from the Google Play store to restore or save your pictures, videos, text messages and more.
Apple, iPhone and iMessage are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.