This guide is for current Verizon Wireless customers who purchased Droid Razr by Motorola. If you're a new Verizon Wireless customer, refer to Activating and Setting Up Your Droid Razr by Motorola for New Customers.
Note: If you're upgrading from iPhone®, you should turn off iMessage® before activating your new phone.
Step 1: Save Contacts and Content from Your Old Phone
Note: If you've already backed up your contacts and content, go to Step 2.
Use one of the following options to back up your contacts and content:
- On your original phone, download Verizon Cloud from the Google Play™ Store app to back up your phone's content. For more information, visit verizonwireless.com/cloud.
- If your original phone isn't compatible with Verizon Cloud, use Backup AssistantSM Plus.
If your original phone isn't compatible with the above options, visit our Contact Transfer Wizard and follow the instructions to save your contacts from your old phone.
Step 2: Turn Off Your Old Phone
Step 3: Activate Your 4G LTE SIM Card
If you're using the 4G LTE SIM card from your old phone, you don't need to call the automated system to activate it and can skip to Step 4.
To activate your 4G LTE SIM card, call (877) 807-4646 from any phone other than your new or old phone, and follow the prompts.
Note: Have your Customer Receipt available because you'll be asked to confirm information from it.
Step 4: Insert the SIM Card
- Remove the SIM card from the red "Getting Started" folder you received with your phone. Or, if you're using the SIM card from your old phone, remove it from your old phone and move on to the next step.
Note: Touching the gold contacts may damage the SIM card.
- Remove the SIM card slot cover on the bottom left side of the phone.
- Gently slide the SIM card into the slot with the gold contacts facing the screen until you hear a click.
- Close the slot cover.
Visit our Droid Razr by Motorola: Inserting a SIM Card simulation for step-by-step visual instructions.
Step 5: Activate and Set Up Your New Phone
- Turn on the device by holding down the Power button on the top right side of the phone.
- Follow the onscreen steps to complete the activation and set up of your phone.
- Transfer your contacts and content from your original phone using Verizon Cloud, Backup Assistant Plus or our Contact Transfer Wizard. Whichever app you used to back up your content is the same one you'll need to use to transfer it to your new phone.
Visit our Droid Razr by Motorola simulator for more step-by-step visual instructions to learn how to use features on your new phone.
DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm, Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license. Apple, iPhone and iMessage are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.