Follow these instructions to activate your new or Certified Pre-Owned 3G netbook.
Step 1: Activate service
- Call (877) 807-4646 to activate service. Have your Customer Receipt with you because you may be asked to confirm information from it, including the mobile number assigned to your device.
- If you are an existing Verizon Wireless customer and have a My Verizon account, you may also activate service online
Step 2: Prepare your new netbook
- Remove the netbook and battery from the box.
- Align the tabs on the battery with the notches on the netbook, then insert the battery into the battery bay. The battery release latch will automatically lock the battery into place. If applicable, slide the Battery Lock latch to the lock position.
- Plug in the power cable and AC adapter, and turn on the netbook.
- Ensure wireless capabilities are turned on by checking the wireless power light. If the wireless power light is not lit, slide or press the Wireless Power button to turn on wireless capabilities.
Note: The steps for locating the wireless power light and turning on wireless capabilities may vary by device, so refer to your user guide for instructions. You can find your user guide by going to the Support page specific to your device and clicking on User Guide.
Step 3: Set up and configure Windows®
- Windows setup will begin automatically when your netbook is turned on. Follow the on-screen instructions when they appear.
- Your netbook will restart automatically and you will be prompted to configure software updates, security and Internet settings. Do not turn off your netbook during this process. This step takes about 5 -10 minutes to complete.
Note: Initial updates, which can exceed 500 MB, will be deducted from your monthly data allowance if you are connected to the Verizon Wireless network. We recommend completing these downloads via Wi-Fi.
Step 4: Install the VZAccess® Manager software
- Click on the VZAccess Manager icon on your desktop and follow on-screen prompts.
- To activate the netbook, select Verizon Wireless - VZAccess from the available networks.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and click Sign up when prompted.
- If you see the Set Network Location screen, select Home, Work or Public and then follow on-screen instructions to add your preferences.
Note: If you are prompted to update VZAccess Manager at any time during the setup process, click Yes.
Step 5: Connect to the Internet
- Select Verizon Wireless - VZAccess from the available networks and click the Connect WWAN button.
- Open Internet Explorer® and visit any website to confirm you can connect to the Internet properly. To disconnect, click Disconnect WWAN.
Note: Wireless capabilities must be turned on to connect to the Internet - see step 2d above. For information on managing and tracking your data usage, refer to our Tools for Monitoring Usage page.