This guide is for current Verizon Wireless customers who purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. If you're a new Verizon Wireless customer, refer to the Activating Your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - New Customers guide.
- Removing the SIM card from your new phone could delay the activation and setup.
- If you're upgrading from iPhone®, you'll need to turn off iMessage® before activating your new phone.
Step 1: Save Contacts and Content from Your Original Phone
Note: If you've already backed up your contacts and content, go to Step 2.
Use one of the following options to back up your contacts and content:
- See if your original phone is compatible with Verizon Cloud. If it is, refer to our Transferring Content - Existing Customers page to learn how to transfer your contacts and content from your original phone after activating your new phone. For more information, visit VerizonWireless.com/cloud.
- If your original phone isn't compatible with Verizon Cloud, use Backup AssistantSM Plus.
- If your original phone isn't compatible with the above options, visit our Contact Transfer Wizard and follow the instructions to save your contacts from your old phone.
Step 2: Activate the 4G LTE SIM Card
Note: If you're using the 4G LTE SIM card from your original phone, skip to Step 3. For help installing your SIM card, see our Samsung Galaxy Note 4 interactive simulator.
Call (877) 807-4646 from any phone other than your new phone and follow the prompts to turn on your 4G LTE service. Have your Customer Receipt available because you'll be asked to confirm purchase information.
Step 3: Turn Off Your Original Phone
Step 4: Activate and Set Up Your New Phone
- Turn on the phone by pressing the Power button on the right of the phone. Refer to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Turning the Phone On and Off simulation for step-by-step visual instructions on how to do this.
- Follow the onscreen steps to complete activation and set up of your phone.
Visit our Samsung Galaxy Note 4 interactive simulator for more step-by-step visual instructions to learn how to use features on your new phone.
© 2015 Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC. Samsung and Galaxy Note are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. iPhone and iMessage are trademarks of Apple Inc.