Kyocera DuraXV / DuraXV+ Software Update
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.
Before you download:
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
System Update 5
Software Version: 5.111VZ
This software update for your Dura XV / DuraXV+ by Kyocera resolves several device issues.
Improvements and bug fixes:
- Improved call connections in marginal cellular coverage areas
- Fixed Calendar and Alarm notifications sounds
- Faster messaging speed
Bluetooth® car kit updates:
- Easier to pair and reconnect
- Can now sync contacts from your phone
- Fewer connection drops
System Update Instructions
System Update 3
Software Version: 3.812VZ
The following enhancements have been made:
- Push to Talk Plus (PTT+) is available in the Apps menu
*Additional fees may apply
- You can capture and send a screenshot when using the Opera Mini browser
- Improved handset audio quality
The following issues have been resolved:
- Bluetooth® auto-pairing with car kit
- Bluetooth audio routing through speaker phone when call is initiated from Voice Command when the phone is closed
- Vibration length can be adjusted with notifications
- Audio readout of phone numbers being read as a numeric value
- Display screen going blank when it passes the Verizon screen
Next steps and additional links
Please allow additional time for the apps on your device to continue to download after the software update.
- If for any reason this software update doesn't fully download, our Software Upgrade Assistant (PDF*) tool can provide immediate self-serve troubleshooting guidance.
- Operating System FAQs
- Check out the latest Verizon offers and upgrade to a newer Kyocera smartphone. Not sure if you're eligible to upgrade yet? Find out fast in My Verizon.