Release date: September 2019.
Note: The date Android 10 is available on your device will vary. Each manufacturer determines which devices and features they'll update and the schedule.
- Live Caption automatically adds captions to your own personal videos, podcasts, voice messages and social media streams with a single tap whether your device is online or offline.
- Smart Reply goes beyond suggested responses and gives you a choice of actions to take in response to an incoming message. If a friend messages you an invite to movie, Smart Reply can pull up your Maps app with directions to the theater.
- New smarter privacy options give you more control over what web and app data is stored and when your location is tracked.
- Gesture Navigation is a speedier, more intuitive way to go through your phone and switch between apps.Use quick swipes and pulls to switch through apps and navigate screens.
- Focus mode gives you the power to stay on track, letting you temporarily pause apps that may distract you from your current task.
- The Dark Theme option is easier on your eyes and saves on battery usage. A great option for those who prefer a darker colored theme on their device.
Updating to Android 10 on Your Device
Refer to the Advanced Devices - Software Updates page to see if Android 10 has been released for your device or if an update is coming soon.
The steps to find the current OS version vary by device. Below are general instructions that work for most Android devices. For detailed instructions about a specific device, please check your device's user guide.
To check your current Android OS version:
- Open your device's settings.
- Tap the About Phone or About Device option.
- Tap Android Version to display your version information.
You've successfully found your version information.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.