VERIZON ONLINE CUSTOMERS: YOUR USE OF VERIZON CLOUD IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE THAT YOU ACCEPTED AS PROVIDED BY VERIZON ONLINE.
Customer Agreement. When you signed up to be Our customer, you entered into a Customer Agreement with Us, and the Service is also subject to that agreement. For business and government users, the Service is subject to the agreement for wireless service between Us and your organization.
Account Security. You are solely responsible for any use of the Service on devices associated with your Verizon account, or through use of your My Verizon username and password. We expressly disclaim any liability for damages you may incur in connection with any unauthorized use. To help reduce the possibility of unauthorized use, We strongly recommend implementing security measures, such as a screen lock or a unique password that others won't easily guess, on any device from which you plan to access the Service.
How the Service Works. You can access the Service in the following ways: (i) through a mobile application (the "Mobile App"), (ii) by logging into My Verizon, or (iii) by downloading computer software from Our website (the "Computer Client"). Not all Service features are available through all access methods. Data used when using the Service will be billed per the terms of your data plan/feature. You may choose to store, manage, access and share content that you have created or that you otherwise have the right to store, manage, access and share using the Service ("Content"). Your device type (e.g., smartphone, tablet) and operating system (e.g., Android, iOS) determine: (i) the types of Content you can back up, (ii) the device locations from which Content is backed up, and (iii) whether Content is manually or automatically backed up. See the Service FAQs for more details. When using the Mobile App, a small amount of data may be used to collect non-personally identifiable information to help us analyze or improve the Service. If you choose to sync text and multimedia messages, the initial sync will include only messages transmitted during the last 90 days. After that, any new messages will be synced in accordance with the schedule you select.
Your ability to view and delete Content in the Service varies by Content type:
- Messages and call logs can only be viewed and deleted in the applications in which they were created. They will be stored in the Service until the following actions occur: (i) you delete them on your device and (ii) you complete a manual backup (or your next automatic backup occurs).
- Contacts can be viewed in the Service, and can be deleted in My Verizon or the application in which they were created. Contacts will be stored in the Service until the following actions occur: (i) you delete them on your device or in My Verizon and (ii) you complete a manual backup (or your next automatic backup occurs).
- Pictures, videos, music and documents can be viewed and deleted in the Service. Deleting these types of Content on your device will not delete them in the Service, and deleting them in the Service will not delete them on your device.
Content. By using the Service, you grant a non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, sub-licensable, assignable, irrevocable worldwide license to provide all facilities and to enable those facilities to take all actions with respect to Content that may be necessary or reasonable to provide, or to facilitate the provision of, the Service, pursuant to any current and future patents, copyrights and trademarks owned or licensable by You, to the extent necessary for Us to exercise any license right granted herein, including, without limitation:
- storing and retrieving the Content;
- making the Content available to You;
- conforming to connecting networks' technical requirements;
- transferring your Content from one mobile device you own to another mobile device you own; and
- transcoding Content into a viewable or otherwise appropriately perceptible format.
"Metadata" includes information about various characteristics of Content. Metadata may include the file name, the file type, the date and time the file was created, and any location information that is included in the file, such as in photos taken with a phone that has location settings turned on ("Location Metadata"). By using the Service, you grant Us the right to access, analyze and use Metadata, including Location Metadata, to provide the Service, including features and options to optimize the display, appearance and organization of Content.
You are solely responsible for your Content and your actions in connection with your or other users' Content. By choosing to share Content with others via any means, including messaging or social media applications or other services, you are making your Content publicly available. You represent and warrant that you have the right to publicly share your Content, and to permit and enable others to access, distribute, copy, transmit, download, stream, perform or otherwise use your Content without your prior knowledge or consent, and you expressly authorize all of those actions. We are not responsible for and expressly disclaim any liability for actions taken by you or others in connection with Content that you choose to share, view, or otherwise access through the Service. We don't control or endorse your or other users' Content. By using the Service, you may be exposed to content that you find offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable. We are not obligated to screen or monitor Content, but We reserve the right to do so, and to suspend or restrict sharing of Content that is identified as copyrighted. We may also remove Content without notice and in Our sole discretion. If you choose to use the Service to transfer Content between your mobile devices using a WiFi network, you are solely responsible for ensuring the security of the WiFi network that you use.
Beta Features. We may release features or functionality of the Service that are still being evaluated or tested ("Beta Feature"). We will tell you if something is a Beta Feature. If you choose to use a Beta Feature, note that it may not perform as reliably as other Service features. We may change, suspend, or discontinue a Beta Feature at any time without notice.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA)
Filing a DMCA notice alleging copyright infringement:
Pursuant to Title II of the DMCA, all claims alleging copyright infringement for material that is believed to be residing on Verizon's system or network should be promptly sent in the form of written notice to Verizon's Designated Agent:
Designated Agent for DMCA Notices
Verizon Copyright Department
1320 North Courthouse Road, Floor 9
Arlington, Virginia 22201, U.S.A.
NOTE: No other notices or communications should be sent to the Designated Agent, who is appointed solely for the purpose of receiving notices of claims alleging copyright infringement under the DMCA.
Specific requirements for proper notification of claimed infringement are set forth in the DMCA (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)). Valid notification must be a written communication that includes all of the following elements:
- Signature of copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner;
- Identification of copyrighted work claimed to be infringed;
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party (address, phone number and, if available, email address);
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right allegedly being infringed.
It is the policy of Verizon that upon receipt of a valid DMCA notice Verizon will remove or disable access to allegedly infringing material.
NOTE: There are substantial penalties for false claims (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(f) - providing sanctions for material misrepresentations of copyright infringement).
Filing a DMCA counter-notification:
If a notice of alleged copyright infringement under the DMCA has been wrongly filed against you, you may submit a counter-notification to Verizon’s Designated Agent. Specific requirements for a proper counter-notification are set forth in the DMCA (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(g)(3)). A valid counter-notification must be a written communication that includes all of the following elements:
- A physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification; and
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the U.S., for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the complainant.
Upon receipt of a valid counter-notification, Verizon will forward it to the original complainant who submitted the DMCA notice alleging copyright infringement. The original complainant will then have ten (10) days to notify Verizon that it has filed a lawsuit relating to the allegedly infringing material otherwise Verizon will restore the removed material or cease disabling access to it.
Repeat Infringer Policy
Pursuant to Section 512 of the DMCA, it is Verizon's policy to terminate the account of repeat copyright infringers in appropriate circumstances.
Software. In connection with the Service, We will provide to you software that is owned by Us, Our affiliates or third-party licensors ("Software"). We may update the Software from time to time and your failure to install any update may affect your Service and/or use of the Software. You may use the Software only as part of, or for use with, the Service as authorized in this Agreement.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Service, the Software and Content solely as authorized in this Agreement. All rights regarding use of the Service, Software and Content not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved by Us and/or any third-party licensors. However, you retain all of your ownership rights in Content that you create yourself. The Software may contain programming, scripts, tools, modules, libraries, components, or other items that were developed using "open source" code; for more information, please visit www.verizon.com/opensource.
Restrictions. Except as applicable to Open Source Software, you agree that you will not attempt to modify any Software or Content (other than Content that you generate yourself or otherwise own) obtained through the Service for any reason, including for the purpose of creating a ring tone or disguising or changing ownership or source (including without limitation, falsifying or deleting author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations indicating the origin or source of information that is uploaded or downloaded from the Service or used in any materials and information submitted by you, in any form) of the Content. You agree to follow all rules and policies applicable to the Service, including required or automated updates, modifications and/or reinstallations of Software and obtaining available patches to address security, interoperability and/or performance issues. You also agree: (i) to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and rules (including, without limitation, the My Verizon Terms and Conditions and the Verizon Wireless Website Use Terms and Conditions, each of which can be found at www.verizonwireless.com) when using Content or the Service, and any applicable third party terms and conditions (including those of any mobile application store from which you download the Mobile App); (ii) except as applicable to Open Source Software, not to adapt, alter, modify, reverse engineer, de-compile, disassemble, translate, attempt to derive source code from or create derivative works of the Service or Software, or otherwise tamper with or modify any security features or other Service components for any reason (or allow or help anyone else to do so). This service is subject to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR") of the United States Department of Commerce, and shall not be used in Cuba, Iran, Syria, Sudan, North Korea or any other destinations that are now or hereafter otherwise prohibited, controlled, sanctioned or embargoed under United States law. Further, this service is subject to Nuclear, Biological, Chemical, and Missile Proliferation Sanctions of the United States, and shall not be used in a manner now or hereafter otherwise prohibited, controlled, sanctioned or embargoed under United States law.
IMPORTANT SERVICE DISCLOSURES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE SERVICE IS IMPLEMENTED WITHOUT SPECIFIC CONTROLS THAT MAY GENERALLY BE REQUIRED OR CUSTOMARY FOR CUSTOMERS IN ANY PARTICULAR INDUSTRY AND ARE NOT DESIGNED TO SATISFY ANY SPECIFIC LEGAL OBLIGATIONS. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THAT THE SERVICE SATISFIES ANY LEGAL, REGULATORY OR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS YOU MAY HAVE. YOU AGREE TO USE THE SERVICES IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND NOT TO USE THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER THAT MAY IMPOSE LEGAL, REGULATORY OR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS ON VERIZON OTHER THAN THOSE WITH WHICH WE HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO COMPLY IN THIS AGREEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE NOT TO CAUSE, OR OTHERWISE REQUEST THAT VERIZON CREATE, RECEIVE, MAINTAIN OR TRANSMIT PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION (AS DEFINED AT 45 C.F.R. § 160.103) FOR YOU OR ON YOUR BEHALF IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR IN ANY MANNER THAT WOULD MAKE VERIZON A BUSINESS ASSOCIATE (AS DEFINED AT 45 C.F.R. § 160.103) TO YOU.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THIS SERVICE, CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE," WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND BY EITHER US, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, CONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, CONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS (TOGETHER, THE "VERIZON PARTIES"), AND ANY THIRD PARTY MOBILE APPLICATION STORE OPERATORS FROM WHICH YOU DOWNLOAD THE MOBILE APP, WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING LOSS OF CONTENT, OR ANY SECURITY ISSUES THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY THE VERIZON PARTIES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY HEREUNDER.
Limitation of Liability. You agree that the Verizon Parties, and any third party mobile application store operators from which you download the Mobile App, are not liable in any way for any losses, damages or injuries caused directly or indirectly by your or anyone else's use, misuse or removal of the Service, your Content, or other users' Content. You agree that the Verizon Parties will not be liable to you or any third party for any failure of the Service to perform, damage to your personal property, including but not limited to, your mobile device, personal computer equipment or software, losses or injury to your business or data, or damages, including lost income or business opportunity relating to or caused, directly or indirectly by, service failures, equipment or underlying line failures, by any failures of the Software We provide, or by any viruses or other disabling code or intrusions to your system.
Your Representations and Warranties. You represent, warrant and agree that:
- you will use the Service only as authorized by this Agreement and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and ordinances ("Laws"), including without limitation, any applicable intellectual property Laws;
- you will not attempt to sell or resell the Service without Our prior written consent;
- you will not use the Service to redistribute, rebroadcast, publicly perform, publicly display, share or otherwise transfer any copies of Content, or otherwise make use of Content in any way that would infringe any else's copyright or other ownership right in such Content or violate any Laws applicable to such Content;
- you will not share or otherwise make available Content that is illegal, or use the Service to commit fraud, harass, abuse or mislead others;
- you will not share or otherwise make available Content in a manner that violates any Laws relating to a person's right to privacy or the export of personal data, including without limitation, Laws that restrict unauthorized distribution of intimate images;
- you will not use the Service to interfere with, abuse or violate the property rights of others, including, without limitation, activities that result in the distribution of malware, viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses, or other destructive activities;
- you will not attempt to circumvent or disable the security of the Service, bypass storage limits, or impair the performance of Our systems, servers, or networks;
- you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions (including but not limited to patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, rights of publicity and privacy and other proprietary rights): (a) to store the Content on the Service and to permit access to such Content by others, and (b) to permit Us to fully provide the facilities for the Service, and to exercise the licenses you grant to Us in this Agreement;
- the inclusion of your Content and use of the Service to store and provide access to your Content and exercise by Us of the license granted by you herein will not violate or infringe upon the trademark, trade name, copyright, right of privacy or publicity, property rights, or any other proprietary rights of any person or entity;
- you are not a citizen of an embargoed country or prohibited end user under applicable U.S. export and anti-terrorism laws, regulations and lists. You will not use, export or allow a third party to use or export the Service in any manner that would violate applicable law, including but not limited to applicable export control laws and regulations.
Your representations and warranties apply to any use of the Service and Content on devices associated with your Verizon account, through use of your My Verizon username and password, or through or in connection with any Third Party Service. Without limiting other rights and remedies we may have under this Agreement or otherwise, We may remove Content, restrict your ability to share Content, disable links to Content that you have shared, or suspend your ability to access Content without notice and in Our sole discretion, including without limitation, if We believe that you have breached any of your representations and warranties or otherwise violated the terms of this Agreement, or that you use the Service in a way that may injure Our reputation or result in legal action against Us.
Indemnification. In the event You act or use the Service in a manner not permitted in this Agreement or breach any of your representations and warranties, You will: (i) be in material breach of this Agreement; (ii) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Verizon Parties and other Service users for any losses, expenses, costs, liabilities, damages, penalties, investigations or enforcement proceedings (including attorneys' fees) arising from or relating to Your actual or alleged breach of this Agreement including without limitation, your representations and warranties or any claim that your use of Content infringes or otherwise violates any applicable laws, rules or regulations, or any third party's intellectual property or other rights, including, without limitation, personal or privacy rights; (iii) take, at Your expense, prompt action to correct and/or mitigate the effects of Your breach of this Agreement; and (iv) provide Us with reasonable cooperation and support in connection with Our response to your breach of this Agreement. You shall assume and be solely responsible for any reporting requirements under law or contract arising from your breach of this Agreement.
Termination. We may limit, suspend, terminate or discontinue the Service, or certain features or functions of the Service, at any time without notice. We may also limit, suspend, terminate or discontinue Your use of or access to the Service or certain features or functions of the Service, at any time without notice. If you breach this Agreement, your right to use the Service shall terminate immediately and without notice. NOTE: BEFORE YOU DELETE YOUR CONTENT OR DISABLE THE MOBILE APP OR COMPUTER CLIENT, PLEASE DOWNLOAD ANY CONTENT THAT YOU WISH TO SAVE. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCESS CONTENT FROM A TERMINATED ACCOUNT.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Mobile Apps Downloaded from the Apple App Store. You may only use the Mobile App on iOS devices that you own or control, as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in Apple's App Store Terms of Service. You and We acknowledge that: Apple is not obligated to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Mobile App, that Apple and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries to this Agreement, and that, upon Your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right to enforce this Agreement against you in its capacity as a third party beneficiary to the Agreement. Apple is not responsible for any claims made by you or a third party regarding the Mobile App, including intellectual property infringement claims, or Your use or possession of the Mobile App, including but not limited to (i) product liability claims, (ii) any claim that the Mobile App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement, (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation, or (iv) claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure of the Mobile App to conform to any warranty, express or implied. If the Mobile App fails to conform to any warranty, you may notify Apple and Apple may, as your sole and exclusive remedy, refund the amount - if any - that you paid Apple for the Mobile App. Questions regarding the Mobile App may be sent to VerizonCloud@verizonwireless.com.